Tiffany Employee Culture
Tiffany & Co. - the name instills images of True Love, Romance and The Blue Box. It is a symbol of excellence. For 175 years Tiffany has created a legacy of exquisite design and romantic ideals. Tiffany & Co.'s rich heritage of celebrated artists, milestones and magnificent jewelry sets the foundation upon which our employees stand. It is these employees and their ardent love for the brand that creates a place to work unlike any other. Tiffany employees are a rare combination of passionate, loyal, charismatic, polished, kind, and focused individuals. They set very high expectations for themselves, their employees and their peers. In turn, Tiffany believes its people are its greatest asset and works everyday to make the Tiffany dream come true for its employees. The love story between Tiffany and its employees is the embodiment of the brand and leads to a magical mix that is only… Tiffany. Position Overview
The IT Infrastructure Analyst will be responsible for the delivery of IT infrastructure related projects and ongoing maintenance and support across the EMEA region. Working as a key member of the RSM EMEA team who are collectively responsible for the delivery of IT systems and services across all locations throughout Europe, Russia and the Middle East, the IT Infrastructure Analyst will undertake tasks both onsite and remotely, as well as coordinate partner engineer visits where necessary. The team member will be the primary contact point for organizing & delivering the support for the Regional EMEA Office located in Paris and the French retail network, by acting as level 1 and ensuring excellent level of service is delivered to users (including monitoring global service desk, local technicians). As part of the infrastructure stream within the team, he will be partnering up with an experienced team member to plan & deliver IT infrastructure projects and maintenance. To some extent, the IT Infrastructure Analyst will be supporting IT delivery of some of new location openings within the region. Partnering with regional business leads, the team is in charge of recommending and planning all technology to be installed as part of store openings, and be responsible for the successful delivery of said equipment on time, and in budget.
The Infrastructure Analyst will be an organized and pragmatic multi-tasker, working as part of the RSM EMEA team to deliver comprehensive, quality solutions that improve IT standards. They will encourage a culture of constant improvement, and first class customer service to the Tiffany business.
The Infrastructure Analyst will exhibit skills in the following competencies:
· Credibility: Demonstrates character, displays professionalism, models agility.
· Expertise & Judgment: Demonstrates expertise and business acumen, applies judgment, takes calculated risks.
· Strategy & Innovation: Thinks strategically, inspires creativity, plans and organizes.
· Partnership: Collaborates productively, cultivates and manages talent, communicates with impact.
· Execution: Strives for excellence, delivers results, and measures outcomes.
EMEA location openings and relocations:
- Plan, procure, configure and install all aspects of IT delivery for location openings throughout EMEA, including (but not limited to):
- Ordering the required network connectivity
- Working with General Contractors on the installation of network connections and IT rack throughout the store 10%
- Recommending, procuring and configuring the hardware needed o Liaising with various groups in Corporate IT to ensure the successful delivery of all systems o Go live support on store opening day; assisting users and being the first point of contact for IT issues on day 1
- Ensure all issues relating to server or network Infrastructure in the EU are resolved in a timely manner, with minimal impact to the retail business.
- Create, maintain, and where possible improve working relationships with the Tiffany server and network infrastructure teams.
- Recommend and deliver change to the EMEA infrastructure to constantly improve the service to our retail and non-retail locations, in line with the Tiffany IT strategy.
- Hardware refreshes; server and network
- Rack refreshes; retail & non-retail
- Colocation equipment racking and patching
- Office re-location / creation
Directly engage in general IT support as required. This may include, amongst other things:
Preferred Qualifications/Primary Job Requirements
- Face to Face and remote desktop and basic POS support
- HO & Back Office team support
- Setup and configuration of new routers, switches and firewalls
- Hardware support (Workstation, laptop, printer repair and replacement)
- Site hardware audits
- Managing traffic counters
- Software deployment and trouble shooting
- Onsite cabling
- Managing non-Tiffany network ADSL lines and access points
- Managing infrastructure for payment terminals (varies across region)
- Ensuring in-store music solutions are available and fit for purpose
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience in Information Technology or Computer Science
- Proven ability to deliver multi-site infrastructure related projects ·
- The ability to manage multiple projects / activities at a time, and to prioritize appropriately
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to work outside of working hours as necessary
- The ability to travel 20-40% of the time within Europe
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Strong Analytical skills
- A solid, working understanding of Windows domain services (DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, etc.)
- Real world experience in working with Cisco iOS
- Fluent in French and English
- Must have authorization to work and remain in the France
- Permanent Contract
- Location : Paris 6
- Start Date : January 2024