We're looking for a Womenswear Design Assistant to join the wonderful Product team here at Adanola! 🙌. We are an everyday active lifestyle brand bridging the gap between fashionable and functional clothing, we design and create products that can be worn for all everyday activities.
As Design Assistant, you will support Adanola’s design team at our head office based in Manchester. Working closely with our Womenswear Designer, you will assist with converting designs into CADs, outlining how garments will be constructed through detailed tech packs and love staying on top of the latest trends to input new ideas.
About the job:
- Assist through all stages of design from initial research to final production.
- Creating detailed tech packs to send to suppliers by working closely with the Designer.
- Managing fabric library and assisting in trim developments.
- Conduct research from current trends & vintage that align with the brand’s seasonal direction and customer profile.
- Organising and maintaining research boards and collection overviews
- Attending fittings & taking notes to ensure CADS are updated accordingly for suppliers.
- Creating mock ups & toiles for initial sample creation
- Supporting the design team by sending parcel to suppliers and organising samples.
- BA or equivalent qualification in fashion design
- At least 1-2 years in a relevant role
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Proficient and confident user of Adobe Suite including Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign
- Demonstrate strong understanding of the brand’s customer profile.
- Positive can-do attitude, excellent eye to detail and highly organised
- Knowledge of garment construction and pattern cutting is essential.
- Positive can-do attitude with the ability to work in a team environment but also independently with a strong initiative.
- Excels in a fast-paced environment, with great time management skills.
- Quick learner with a focused work ethic
We're on a mission to becoming everybody's everyday uniform and we need great people with great attitudes to help work towards that. Adanola genuinely cares about the people we employ and as we grow will continue to always put People, Product and Profit, in that order. We're just getting started so you need to be ready to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in but in the most exciting and challenging way.
As well as that, we offer a list of benefits to our Ada employees:
- Bonus structure for all employees 💸
- Day off on birthday 🎉
- 25-day holiday minimum 🏝
- Flexible workplace 🏠
- Monthly well-being allowance 💪🏼
- Work with a vibrant team 👏🏼
- Generous staff discount 👚
- Pension scheme available 😀
- Regular team socials 💫