At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.JOB PURPOSESenior Corporate Responsibility Manager - London or Florence
Senior Corporate Responsibility Manager will be in charge of driving Burberry's Human Rights strategy and beyond compliance people agenda globally and people pillar business integration, and managing all people pillar related corporate activities, such us policies updates, KPIs development reporting etc.
The role entails strong project, stakeholder and people management skills. Internally, the senior manager will be responsible for working with a wide range of stakeholders on target setting, roadmap definition, data collection and progress towards people area goals, with specific focus on Living wage, workers wellbeing, and Human rights. Externally, the role will be responsible for the implementation of above mentioned programmes across the global supply, and for dealing with key industry working groups and NGos, including but not limited to BSR Living Wage Foundation and IOM - UN migration agency.
Senior Corporate Responsibility Manager will be managing one programme manager and one programme assistant, ensuring an appropriate level of projects' delivery at all times and supporting their development.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive people pillar business integration by partnering with relevant internal stakeholders.
- Manage corporate activities related to the people pillar of the company's sustainability strategy, which includes ESG legislation monitoring, policies update, reporting.
- Ensure the delivery of our supply chain engagement programmes to further advance wellbeing, livelihoods, inclusivity and worker voice across our supply chain
- Drive the Human Rights strategy across the global supply chain
- Manage Living wage strategy for global supply chain
- Manage one programme manager and one programme assistant
- Engage with external stakeholders through key industry working group and NGOs, including those of IOM, Living Wage Foundation and BSR.
- Participate as CR representative in the Ethics Committee.
- Strong project and people management
- Excellent stakeholder engagement capabilities
- Excellent communication skills and experience of working across different business and supply functions
- Creativity, ability to continuously innovate
- Highly organised and efficient at priortising work with a diligent and detail oriented approach
- Leadership skills
- Open to collaboration and working within a highly engaged team
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.