Deputy Strategy & Development Director - Full Time - Hybrid Working Something Extraordinary Every Day™
The Deputy Strategy & Development Director, together with the Remerchandising & Commercialisation Directors, will develop and drive our leasing strategy with our brands across all European Villages.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for someone currently working in Real Estate, Retail, Finance or Consultancy who can quickly and confidently determine and communicate how a clear strategy across our brands can increase income, drive better brand partnerships and increase footfall to our Villages. What you will be doing
What makes you special
- Devise new strategies and improvements to deliver the remerchandising budget and total sales targets
- Drive the optimization and digitization of our lease flow processes, budgeting, roadmaps and tracking of objectives
- Ensure a consistent flow of New Brands to all Villages with special attention to certain Villages
- Roll-out roadmaps across our major Brand partners and support Brand captains
- Negotiate with key Brand accounts and secure new openings, refits and other remerchandising activity beneficial to the business
- Responsible for annual budgeting and any deviation to this.
- Proactively identify delays and review processes to ensure improvements
Every colleague is an entrepreneur at heart and this drives our organisational culture, which values invention, innovation and risk taking. To be successful with us, you'll have:
There's no one quite like us
- 5 year's experience working in a similar role
- Experience of managing different European cultures
- Experience in Retail or Real Estate is desirable but not essential
- Computer literate and high proficiency in Microsoft Office with proven analytical ability using Excel
- Proven experience of managing large volume data and understanding commercial impact
- Proven experience of successful budgeting from carrying out budgeting process to deploying and management of spend
The Bicester Collection are the worlds' leading luxury shopping destinations, and we are committed to creating magical and memorable experiences for our guests. Taking the name of the founding Village, The Bicester Collection distinguishes the 11 Villages in Europe and China as one collection of destinations for our guests, our brand partners, our travel and tourism partners, our corporate and financial media, and our internal teams.
Our Vision is to be the best shopping destination in the world. Our Mission is to make the lives of others better - our brands, our guests, our people and our communities. Our Brand Promise is to offer something extraordinary every day. Our Five Values are the glue that bind us together and allows us to lead ahead:
Why we're exceptional (Adapt below to benefits that are relevant to your Village)
- Authenticity - Always do the right thing
- Innovation - Think outside of the box
- Passion - Do what you love and love what you do!
- Critical Thinking - Challenge the obvious
- Vision - Be mission driven always
The key to our success is the quality and commitment of our people. To work in one of the teams at any of the Villages is to play an active role in redefining both the art and the science of retail. This creates a dynamic approach that underpins our ability to anticipate future trends in a fast changing world. In return for your Authenticity, Critical Thinking, Innovation, Passion and Vision, you'll receive a generous salary and we'll also reward you by: Looking after you:
You're entitled to 25 days of annual leave (plus UK Bank Holidays) and your birthday off, plus extra leave if you are getting married or moving. We provide above industry average life assurance cover, income protection, pension, personal travel insurance, dental and eyecare, private healthcare, access to a virtual GP app, Employee Assistance Programme, cycle to work scheme and flu vaccinations Treating you
: discounts throughout our villages, discounts with other retailers (known as My Choices) and a very generous employee referral bonus Championing you:
you'll be working within a creative and collaborative environment like no other, with the opportunity to develop your professional and personal skills while advancing your career. Come and live your story with us
The key to our success is the quality and commitment of our people. The Bicester Collection is made up of 1,200 colleagues of 50 nationalities. We are diverse in background, age, experience and leadership style. We believe that an inclusive workforce makes magic happen, and with this in mind we welcome everyone - regardless of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability or ethnicity - to be a part of our family. We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional and commercially focused individual to join us. We have huge ambition for what we can achieve together and we want to have fun!