Accounts Payable Coordinator (Part-time, office based)
Reporting To: Head of Finance
Based In: London Head Office, Shoreditch
Working Pattern: 3-4 days per week equivalent - pattern can be determined by candidate - office based
Salary: £30-35k (full-time equivalent) - this salary will be pro rated
*The stated salary range, experience and background is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills and passion for the brand can be demonstrated.
Working within a finance team of 4, with full ownership of the Accounts Payable function. Responsible for maintaining an accurate purchase ledger and working closely with the buying/production and logistics team and our key suppliers to ensure the smooth movement of goods.
- Posting multi-currency purchase invoices in accordance with purchase order and authorisation procedures
- Applying the correct VAT treatment to the invoice and demonstrating a basic understanding of VAT
- Liaison with the production/buying team on the goods in process and maintaining relationships with their key suppliers
- Purchase ledger maintenance
- Supplier account reconciliations
- Suggesting and processing the multi-currency weekly pay run.
- Dealing with supplier queries
- Suggesting accruals for purchase invoices at month end
- Ensuring compliance with VAT and PAYE payment schedules
- Ensuring accurate VAT reporting .
- Providing information to auditors
- Suggesting and implementing system and efficiency improvements
- Assisting in covering absence for other members of the finance team
*The stated experience and background is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
Key Department/Position tools:
- Brightpearl – ensuring correct reporting of company transactions
- HSBCnet – monitoring bank accounts and making payments
Key skill and experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role for 5+ years;
- A basic understanding of VAT;
- Experience of multiple currencies
- Ability to manage a steady but high inflow of work in an autonomous manner;
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritise work;
- Strong customer service and communication skills
As always, there are some perks:
- 22 Days Holiday Allowance (to be prorated) + Bank Holidays + Maundy Thursday and a half-day for your birthday
- Medicash health benefit from enrolment and PHI after 2 years of service
- Reduced winter hours with a finish at 4PM from September - March
- 4-day weeks in summer from April - end of August
- Cycle to Work Loan Scheme
- PayDay Drinks every month and at least two exciting team gatherings a year, we also celebrate birthdays in the office whenever possible
- Plenty of herbal teas, coffee, fruit and cereals are available weekly for that morning snack
- The team is hard-working and upbeat, we often help each other and there is very little we can't conquer together
- 30% discount across HOH products and first grabs on sample sale items
Our House is a home for everyone. As a culture led business, we aim to be an inspiring and meaningful place for people to work, and as an equal opportunities employer, we foster an environment in which everyone can learn, grow and be heard - regardless of age or seniority. We strive for and believe in a fully inclusive, diverse, supportive and accepting workplace. We care about people’s physical, emotional and mental wellbeing. Our Housemates are open-minded people from a range of backgrounds and lived experiences who share our values and culture.
Unfortunately, we are not able to offer a visa sponsorship or remote working.