About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
The Environmental, Social, and Governance ("ESG") team leads our work in how we ensure we have impact across our focus areas of empowering women, enabling opportunity and enriching communities.
As the Director of Reporting and Disclosure, you will be responsible for enhancing Gap Inc's reputation across environment, social and governance (ESG) issues and positioning Gap Inc. for transparent measurement and communication of our global ESG work and climate reporting compliance. This role will work closely with internal business partners, including investor relations, legal, communications and subject matter experts across the business to advise on ESG risks and opportunities with the goal of positioning Gap Inc. as a leader in ESG. The ideal candidate will liaise with internal and external stakeholders to deepen relationships and enhance and streamline annual and ad hoc ESG reporting, including leading the publishing of our annual ESG report, developing processes and frameworks necessary to comply with the climate disclosure regulations and other legally required ESG disclosures. The Director of Reporting and Disclosure will report to the Vice President.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Establish governance framework, metrics and disclosure for internal and external commitments and strategies - what data we collect, how we collect it, data validation, the emerging analysis and ultimately how we report the ESG metrics externally
- Ensure timely and accurate responses to ESG-focused inquiries from investors, clients, non-governmental organizations and ESG rating agencies (DJSI, CDP, MSCI, Sustainalytics, etc.)
- Manage, from concept to implementation, the development of the annual ESG Report with internal and external partners including agency management, content and data collection, editing, reviews and approvals
- Lead a team to deliver the scope of need across ESG for Reporting and Disclosure, including compliance with climate reporting requirements and other required ESG disclosure frameworks
- Assess our capabilities to report real time against our ESG strategy and roadmaps
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop measurement approach for compliance reporting and measurement of our partnership progress
- Partner with key internal cross-functional stakeholders (including Global Sustainability, Equality and Belonging, Legal, HR, Investor Relations, Government Affairs, & Corporate Communications) to coordinate efforts on developing, refining, and advancing ESG disclosure goals - proactively identify evolving topic areas and expectations of external interest, conduct ESG gap analyses, and develop recommendations for further action to fill performance and/or transparency gaps
- Work cross functionally with Gap Inc. brands and businesses on organizational ESG strategy and develop strategies and controls to capture and disseminate program data and insights that influence Company ESG and sustainability strategy and enable program continuous improvement.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in establishing governance, metrics, data controls and building measurement. Bachelor's degree required
- Technical knowledge and experience with relevant ESG standards and reporting frameworks, including GRI, SASB, CDP, IIRC and others, as well as familiarity with SOX controls, frameworks and assurance processes.
- Track record of managing the development and publication of formal corporate responsibility / sustainability reports internally and externally, diving into the details as necessary to accurately capture our performance
- Ability to partner and influence across executive teams; strong influencing skills and ability to work successfully with peers, teams, and senior executives in a matrixed organization
- Strong communication skills to deliver external and internal reporting
- Understanding of the evolving expectations for responsibility and sustainability among various stakeholders (e.g., shareholders, ESG ratings firms, governments, non-governmental organizations, etc.), perform assessments of current performance, and develop recommendations for action
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $156,400 - $207,200 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.