Our Direct to Consumer business is performing and growing strongly, which is why we are looking for a Fullstack Engineer to scale On's online business to the next level. As an experienced engineer, you will be responsible to build, deploy, test and operate our digital infrastructure. You will implement processes to ensure scalability, security and performance. The technical stack of On Digital leverages the Ruby eco-system, and the team is in the process of migrating to a modular architecture where they extract services and build separate frontend applications using TypeScript/Vue/Nuxt. You will be sitting in our office in Zurich or Berlin and collaborate closely with the cross-functional Digital teams in both locations.
- With the engineering team, you will own the architecture and technical infrastructure that scales for millions of users across the globe
- Leverage best in class engineering practices including Continuous Integration and Deployment, Code reviews and high test coverage
- Evolve the architecture of the system by collaborating with other engineers
- Deliver value with your solutions to meet both technical and consumer needs
- Communicate technical design and decisions effectively through verbal and written communication
- 4-5 years of full stack experience building and operating scalable systems in production
- Exposure to automated testing, A/B testing, and performance debugging tools
- Hands-on with operating the infrastructure on AWS
- You are comfortable using containerized workloads, infrastructure as code (Terraform) and embrace the devops mindset
- You actively document and update technical architecture and enjoy sharing knowledge with the team
- E-commerce background is preferred, and experience with high performance retail or e-commerce platform, as well as content management systems (like Contentful), is a big plus
Meet The Team
As you might expect from a running brand, the E-Commerce team at On is a fast-paced place to be. You will work in a team with other Software Engineers and Product Managers. You will collaborate with roles including Designers, Data Analytics, Marketing and others.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.