Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way. Job Overview:
The Manager of Store Finances has ownership of all aspects of store expense planning, forecasting and budget management. This individual will work closely with Corporate business partners and the Stores Operations teams to maximize resources in order to achieve optimal profitability of our full-line department store locations. Essential Functions:
- Independently lead and execute the seasonal and annual financial planning & forecasting process for Bloomingdale's Department Stores in partnership with stores senior leadership and Central business partners. Develop thoughtful and accurate plans that maximize financial resources to drive incremental sales and profit.
- Owns the development for Bloomingdale's future growth strategies in tandem with key stakeholders across all areas of the business. Challenge current practices and planning methodologies and KPIs to improve plan accuracy.
- Oversee plans created by other Bloomingdale's financial teams, that impact store expense, to ensure accuracy and achievement of profit targets.
- Responsible for the planning & expense management of all 4-wall expense centers.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for all aspects of financial planning, including developing the Time & Action for business partners, communicating deadlines, and ensuring corporate timelines are met.
- Drive the strategic investment and pullback savings initiatives pre-season and ensure expectations are being met in-season.
- Provide in-season guidance to ensure achievement of established budgets and investment opportunities are identified and executed.
- As the primary liaison to Store Field Operations team, provide analytical support and training regarding reporting, financial systems and account nuances.
- Responsible for mid-month, end of month and Closing Rolling Operating Forecasts, providing commentary for significant variances to plan and following up with key business partners to understand the root causes and seek ways to mitigate expense liabilities and exploit opportunities. Ensure all forecast components are accurately communicated timely.
- Provide weekly reporting of company results to senior leadership including our President. Responsible for ensuring all store expense reporting is distributed accurately each week and at month & season end. Provide commentary and guidance to achieve all store level and company financial goals.
- Lead the monthly financial close process for our team, ensuring all results are within expectations and collaborating with business partners across the enterprise to investigate and correct any anomalies. Audit and execute the processing of journal entries, accruals, and reclasses. Partner with Macy's Inc. Accounting to ensure all entries are accurate and appropriate. Maintain documentation in compliance with audit policies.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- We encourage candidates with either a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a related field to apply.
- 5+ years of related experience
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically.
- Strong quantitative and analytical reasoning skills. Prominent financial acumen and analytical ability
- Ability to identify anomalies within data set and be naturally curious to identify root causes
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs
- Proficiency with Google and Microsoft Suites. Skilled with Microsoft Excel.
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting, with occasional standing
- Occasionally requires walking, bending, reaching, hearing and talking
- Continuous use of computers and other office equipment
- Frequently lift/move up to 25 lbs.