About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us. About the Role
In this role, you will be accountable for the development process and strategy execution for the assigned product departments. You will also be responsible to execute the overall country and vendor strategy for the department in partnership with the relevant internal teams.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Manage the product development process (P2M) in a timely manner (development sampling, initial costs, negotiation/ production & capacity planning to meets the design aesthetic as well as commercially acceptable quality standards)
- Manage relationships with vendors and support vendor allocation & aggregated costing along with overall capacity planning aligned to the cost targets to drive competitive advantage
- Partner with vendors to drive innovation initiatives and superior quality while resolving any fabric/product and quality issues pro actively
- Onboard new vendors and provide training to existing vendors along with supporting the evaluation process
- Look for opportunities for continuous improvement in product development, process management and overall sourcing procedures
- Develop communication skills to exchange complex information
- Manage projects and program execution within area of specialty and ensures quality of work
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Proven success in applying fully functional professional knowledge in global product development and understands design, merchandising, and global sourcing landscape
- Ability to drive results through planning and prioritizing along with influencing others and providing recommendations & solutions
- Anticipate operational/program issues and develops preventative measures
- One of the most competitive paid time off plans in the industry
- Merchandise discount for our brand products at franchise stores and their websites
- Comprehensive health coverage for employees, same-sex partners and their families
- Health and wellness program: free annual health check-ups, fitness center and Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive benefits to support the journey of parenthood
- Retirement planning assistance
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.