TITLE: Digital Graphic Designer
DEPARTMENT: PR & MARKETING
REPORTS TO: Head of PR & Communications
LOCATION: Unit A, 58-62 White Lion St, Islington, London N1 9PP
TERM: Permanent, full time (4 days in office, 1 day WFH)
Cutler and Gross was founded on the principle that when it comes to eyewear, it’s not just about how we see the world, it’s about how others see us. For over 50 years now, it has been at the forefront of optical design - as trailblazers, disrupters and pioneers whose legacy has been much imitated, but never surpassed.
A brand built on friendship, it was established by opticians Mr Cutler and Mr Gross in 1969. Thanks to word of mouth, what began in London’s Knightsbridge as a small but innovative bespoke service soon became a fully-fledged mecca for artists, rock stars, writers and royalty. Together, the pair had created the perfect balance between taste and technicality, quickly cementing their reputation as industry leaders in eyewear.
Using the finest raw materials, each individual frame is handmade by experienced craftspeople in its owns factory in Cadore, within the Italian Dolomites.
Today, the proudly independent eyewear brand has 6 flagship store locations in London, Bath, New York, Los Angeles and Toronto and is stocked in over 2000 Wholesale accounts in 50 countries around the world, and online at www.cutlerandgross.com
A junior digital designer with the passion, attention to detail and drive to deliver best in class brand assets for our channels. Working across multiple projects simultaneously, with a key focus on supporting Brand Comms and Marketing creative functions on a variety of briefs from coming up with digital placements in email to designing templates needed across social media design and affiliate marketing.
As a true digital native, they will be a crucial player in the design and workflow of web assets for the B2B and B2C site; refreshes across homepage, landing pages and more, partnering with cross department teams including Sales, Comms and web to drive desired customer behaviour.
As a key member of the Communications team, working with one other graphics designer the position relies on a confident creative with energy, professionalism and collaborative outlook.
- Design, delivery and management of all online assets such as weekly newsletters, website updates, retail newsletters - ensuring brand guidelines are implemented across all projects.
- Research and develop new templates to keep the Cutler and Gross site and emails looking current and innovative.
- Work with Communications, Marketing, Sales and design team to design features and engaging editorial content, press packs and mailers and digital Sales catalogues.
- Design campaign led digital creative from concept stages through to delivery, across multiple platforms (including web, email and social)
- Work alongside the Graphic Designer in the Brand Communication team and Ecomm Manager to support on website design and updates.
- Work with the Digital Marketing Executive on designing and updating assets to support our affiliate marketing strategy
- Actively seek opportunities to understand better how our customer interacts with the site and mobile and design with a user centred approach.
- Oversee guideline execution with bespoke requests from our key accounts/stockists.
- Stay current with graphics, typography, photographic, cultural and fashion trends plus new techniques within the graphic design industry.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in luxury fashion graphics and design role with a discerning eye for quality. Experience in eyewear would be a bonus.
- Ideas driven with the ability to present ideas with creative flair and confidence.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong ability with typography
- Must be highly organised and remain calm under pressure with the ability to multi-task and achieve deadlines across numerous projects.
- Meticulous attention to detail and committed to delivery of best-in-class assets.
- Excellent knowledge and skills in Adobe CC software; Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator.
- Experience of CMS systems and confident in HTML.
- Knowledge of Magento and Mailchimp platforms would be beneficial, but not mandatory.
- A genuine interest in luxury fashion, photography and world of art and design.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and strong work ethic
- Ability to perform duties independently
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Passion for your profession
Note: To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
Applicants should apply with a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
We are not accepting queries or candidate applications via recruitment agencies or consultant.