As a Sustainable Product Analyst, you will work in the sustainable product & material team which sits in our global ESG Team. In this role you will work closely with various R&D teams, Sourcing but also Marketing. You will implement sustainability projects across materials, material certifications, data collection and sustainability assessments. This role also extends to project manage our traceability efforts, ensuring transparency throughout our supply chain.
Drawing inspiration from industry best practices and our commitment to sustainability, you will drive forward our mission.
- Certification Expertise: Leverage your in-depth knowledge of material certification schemes, including content claims, textile exchange material certifications (GRS and RCS), and traceability programs for cotton. Set up a structure, implement and refine these processes to meet our high sustainability standards. Familiarize with other sustainability material-related certificates such as ISSC+ as potential certification processes. Keep the company informed about the evolving landscape and ensure compliance with upcoming certification deadlines.
- Validation of Product Claims: Co-manage existing and new product and material sustainability certifications to ensure marketing claims substantiation. Monitor sources of materials where On wants to make a claim and provide verification when needed. This could include certifications, material policies, due diligence processes, LCA data and others. Provide results to the product teams, marketing teams and non-financial reporting teams.
- Environmental Impact Assessments & Communication:
Support in conducting comprehensive product-oriented Life Cycle Assessments (LCA). Translate complex environmental data into style-level disclosures, focusing on critical metrics such as carbon footprint, material composition, and traceability. Ensure our products' environmental impact is communicated accurately and effectively.
- Data & Systems: Develop the framework to collect and manage relevant data on responsible materials & manufacturing and product traceability. Co-develop and implement a system to authenticate certified materials. Be familiarized with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software and traceability tools used in the textile industry to maintain material and certification information.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Act as a bridge between sourcing, product managers, communications, and retailer teams to fulfill any certification-related requirements, ensuring seamless communication and alignment of efforts while ensuring accurate and up-to-date documentation.
- Policy and Process Management: Play a crucial role in updating environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures. Liaise with key stakeholders, ensuring qualitative information is well-organized, written, and formatted.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in a relevant field.
- Passion for sustainability, technology and sports goods
- 1-3 years of hands-on experience in environmental sustainability, with a focus on material certifications and traceability programs.
- Proven engagement with industry groups like the Textile Exchange, SAC, or comparable organizations, showcasing a deep understanding of sustainable material certifications.
- Experience in environmental impact assessments such as LCA is a great plus.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong team collaboration and networking attitude
- Professional knowledge of MS Office, PLM System or Traceability platforms will be a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to distill complex information for various audiences.
- Previous experience with sustainability certifications and a profound understanding of apparel or footwear industry practices is highly preferred.
- Strong written English
Meet The Team
We design and implement our sustainability strategy across On to help shape a cleaner future - and inspire change in our industry.
We put science and innovation first. Researching, strategizing, and implementing quickly. And, we're always looking to work with new partners to solve environmental challenges, discover new innovations and make sustainability second nature
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.