Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on. Your opportunity:
The role of the Assistant Store Manager leads the store team to meet and exceed all sales and operational goals and ensure KPI’s are achieved. In addition, this individual is a passionate brand ambassador who is responsible for promoting brand engagement with clients, partners and with their city. This managerial role will act as a representative of the Store Director in the daily business operations of the store, including training and supervising employees, managing inventory levels, and handling any other task assigned by the store manager.
The Assistant Store Manager reports to the Store Manager. How you will contribute:
Who you are:
- Be an ambassador to the brand and promote the culture of the Alexander McQueen House internally and externally
- Ensure store atmosphere upholds the House image
- Assist the Store Director in ensuring floor coverage, financial targets, visual merchandising standards, client service, and operational functions within the store both front of house and back of house are achieved
- Ensure acquisition and retention of clients are key focuses and as such create and cultivate client relationships for the store and brand overall
- Ensure that the store team delivers the best possible client experience with every type of engagement
- In partnership with Store Manager/ Director, create and bring to life activations/ events in the store that seek client acquisition and focus on client retention/ development
- Build a network of Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s) who have an impact on local and international luxury business, promoting client loyalty and retention
- Create and maintain a positive work environment with teams and throughout store network including cross functional partners
- Attract, retain talent from outside of the store
- Continually coach and develop internal teams so they achieve goals and are set up for success with growth opportunities within the organization
- Attend and lead store meetings as required by the business
- Ability to manage and resolve conflict in the workplace
- Ensure the image of the store is in line with corporate standards and store team is upholding these standards
- Ensure VM of the store is done according to VM guidelines, with a mindfulness of best-selling styles per category
- In partnership with store Inventory Control team, oversee Omnichannel functions, including Order-in-Store, Ship-from-Store, Pickup-in-Store, Reserve-in-Store, with a focus on achieving Omni-specific KPIs. (Inclusive of any 3rd party fulfillment where applicable)
- Ensure accuracy of overall physical inventory including regular Cycle Counts, inventory reconciliation and adjustments are completed in accordance to company guidelines
- Initiate and ensure completion of Store-to-Store transfer requests
- Oversee After Sales program to repair client relationships and build brand loyalty
- Manage Client Consignment business, ensuring a quick turnaround, strong take rate, and timely return of merchandise
- Ensure all COG’s (Client Owned Goods) are maintained and managed in accordance with the Company’s COG policy
- Ensure that all the processes are compliant with legal, safety, and internal procedures
- Partner with cross functional partners including Stores within network, Operations, Visual Team, CRM, Retail Training, HR, Merchandise teams, Regional management to maintain and accelerate the business forward
- Additional projects/ responsibilities may arise in accordance with the needs of the business
Why work with us?
- At least 3+ years of experience in a managerial position
- Experience within luxury retail and/or service preferred
- Ability to effectively create, manage and adhere to deadlines
- Familiar with key retail performance indicators
- Adaptable, a sense of openness, active listener, and compassionate
- Advanced organizational skills, writing and communication skills
- Expertise in Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- Comfortable and savvy with computer technology, including PC and iOS devices
- Travel approximately 10% of the time
- Ability to lift 25+ lbs.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic sales team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.