Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.SUMMARY
This is a newly created position to be primarily responsible for the development and execution of communications strategies for the brand in Greater China Region.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To lead a team of professionals and oversee the communications function and customer relationships management in Greater China
- To develop, implement and execute an effective communications strategy in line with the brand’s vision and business strategy
- To plan and secure excellent quality and quantity media coverage in target media
- To plan and manage events and new product launches in the Greater China
- To build on and maintain excellent relationships with key fashion press contacts and present story angles, features and product placement in line with the brand direction
- Supporting in the implementation of the strategy: yearly update, monthly follow-up, progress report – alert on deviations and suggest solutions
- Coordinate the delivery of the global communications and marketing strategy, from the initiation to execution in Greater China
- Contribute to creating and updating and tracking communication and marketing KPIs
- Manage the yearly regional communications and marketing activities calendar, as well as masterminding monthly strategy to inspire and drive priorities, support business strategy, and ensuring follow-up
- Oversee and manage the regional communications and marketing budgets and ensure an effective and cohesive approach to business and brand development in region.
- Coordinate, secure and align with HQ local celebrities and KOL placements
- Develop successful local activation plans, managing in alignment with HQ the local digital ecosystem (i.e. Wechat, Red), local content production plans and cross department omni execution to drive business to stores and digital channels.
- Bachelor degree or above in marketing and communications or related discipline
- Minimum 10-year relevant experience with exposure in luxury industry is preferred
- A good communicator with the ability to interface regularly with internal and external personnel at all levels
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Mandarin
- Excellent organization and ability to priorities workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Experience in driving change
- Acute business acumen.