an American luxury lifestyle brand, founded in 2004. Anchored in the casual elegance of American sportswear, Tory's design philosophy is defined by effortless silhouettes, innovative materials, eclectic juxtapositions of color, and the tension of past and present. The collections include ready-to-wear, handbags, footwear, accessories, jewelry, home and beauty.
Empowering women is the company's guiding principle, expressed through Tory's collections and reflected in the company culture as well as the work of the Tory Burch Foundation. Established in 2009, the Foundation provides women entrepreneurs in the United States with capital, education and community.You are
seeking a work environment where people are encouraged to dream, explore, discover and, as important, laugh together. If you're prepared to work hard, create impact, and have fun while doing it, we would love to have you join #TeamTory. Apply today! Life @ToryBurch is Special Because:
When you join us, you're joining a global, purpose-led company on an exciting growth journey with an amazing culture and great benefits.
This Role is Tailor-Made for You Because:
- Our culture is welcoming and inclusive -- everyone is empowered to make a difference.
- We have the best team in the world and believe in paying competitively and rewarding for high performance.
- Your overall well-being is important to us; we offer generous benefits to help you take care of your mental and physical health, create financial security, and achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- We love seeing our employees wear our beautiful collections. You'll receive a generous employee discount and access to exclusive sample sales.
- We are invested in your professional growth - you'll have access to free executive coaching on-demand.
- We believe in the importance of giving back and you'll have many opportunities to do just that through the Tory Burch Foundation and paid volunteer days.
You enjoy supporting global lease accounting and interacting with various teams throughout the company including general accounting, FP&A, Accounts Payable, real estate and the third-party lease administrator. You have a corporate lease accounting background and are able to operate with a level of independence. You will deal with general ledger account reconciliations, roll forwards, budgeting/forecasting, and lease accounting management under the guidelines of ASC 840 and ASC 842. A Day in the Life:
The typical day is... atypical. You might be:
To Land This Role:
- Reviewing new and modified leases for treatment under ASC 842, lease accounting standard
- Activating the new and modified leases with third party provider
- Reviewing and completing variable rent calculations related to certain leases
- Recording all journal entries, perform all account analyses, and handle all audit requests relating to Leases and Subleases as per ASC 842
- Assisting in addressing technical lease accounting and operational matters including contract/lease review, assessing lease type, determination of possession dates, impact of options and terms, and accounting for lease components in accordance with ASC 842
- Assisting with the monthly reconciliation of certain balance sheet accounts under ASC 842 as well as all prepaid and accrued lease accounts
- Assisting with the budget and forecasting preparation of occupancy and related expense
- Preparing all necessary disclosures relating to Leases
- Serving as the primary point of contact for all audit requests pertaining to Leases
Why You'll Want to Join Our Team:
- Bachelors degree in accounting
- 3 + years of relevant accounting experience, preference given to those from multinational entities
- Strong understanding of ASC 842
- Strong team player and who can also work independently
- Strong organizational skills, ability to handle details and the ability to multi-task
- Have high problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- SAP experience a plus
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP
Our Finance team is a dynamic group of analytical masterminds encompassing FP&A, Accounting, Tax, Purchasing, Payroll and more. Our teams work diligently to ensure we are tracking, evaluating, and reporting on key metrics, while staying on top of companywide budgets and quarterly forecasting projections. We also play a critical role in managing the company's global inventory of amazing collections, to ensure we can connect our customers with our products quickly and efficiently. If you love to get into the details just as much as we do, come join us!How We Work Together
- Adaptable - We change before we have to
- Entrepreneurial - We own it
- Collaborative - There's no "I" in Tory
- Client & Brand Focused - We put ourselves in Tory's shoes
- Live the Values - We show up for each other
- Functional Expertise - We're constantly learning and growing
We show up with honesty & kindness, act with integrity & compassion, work with passion & humility and lead with excellence & humor.Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment. Disability Accommodation
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact email@example.com .