an American luxury lifestyle brand, founded in 2004. Anchored in the casual elegance of American sportswear, Tory's design philosophy is defined by effortless silhouettes, innovative materials, eclectic juxtapositions of color, and the tension of past and present. The collections include ready-to-wear, handbags, footwear, accessories, jewelry, home and beauty.
Empowering women is the company's guiding principle, expressed through Tory's collections and reflected in the company culture as well as the work of the Tory Burch Foundation. Established in 2009, the Foundation provides women entrepreneurs in the United States with capital, education and community.You are
seeking a work environment where people are encouraged to dream, explore, discover and, as important, laugh together. If you're prepared to work hard, create impact, and have fun while doing it, we would love to have you join #TeamTory. Apply today! Life @ToryBurch is Special Because:
When you join us, you're joining a global, purpose-led company on an exciting growth journey with an amazing culture and great benefits.
This Role is Tailor-Made for You Because:
- Our culture is welcoming and inclusive -- everyone is empowered to make a difference.
- We have the best team in the world and believe in paying competitively and rewarding for high performance.
- Your overall well-being is important to us; we offer generous benefits to help you take care of your mental and physical health, create financial security, and achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- We love seeing our employees wear our beautiful collections. You'll receive a generous employee discount and access to exclusive sample sales.
- We are invested in your professional growth - you'll have access to free executive coaching on-demand.
- We believe in the importance of giving back and you'll have many opportunities to do just that through the Tory Burch Foundation and paid volunteer days.
You're an individual who thrives on details. A critical thinker with excellent research & analytical skills who can support a global team in maintaining highly compliant import and export activities of our company's global supply chain. A Day in the Life:
The typical day is...atypical and can be expected to be different than the day before. Our team's focus can be redirected, as priorities can sometimes dictate. Depending on the day, you could be auditing & evaluating First Sale documentation. Researching Cross Rulings for tariff classification while conducting seasonal product line reviews. Or you could be performing analysis of ACE import data to identify savings opportunities. As an experienced professional you understand the business of global trade and its regulatory responsibility being detailed and data driven.Responsibilities:
To Land This Role:
- Ensure regulatory compliance relevant to Valuation, FTA programs, First Sale, GSP, and other related government agencies
- Analysis of ACE, broker, SAP & PLM data; develop and generate metrics & reporting
- Conduct internal audits of import/export entries, FTA & duty savings programs, report results and recommended corrective actions
- Provide guidance to product development and production teams on tariff classification, duty engineering and other strategic initiatives related to global trade
- Collaborate with corporate global regions as well as Legal, Product Development, Production, Logistics, Tax, Construction and other internal departments on trade and regulatory compliance matters
Why You'll Want to Join Our Team:
- 3-5 years Trade Compliance experience; BA Degree
- Experienced with Free Trade Agreements, First Sale, GSP, Tariff classification
- Strong auditing, analysis & reporting skills
- Tech/Systems experience with ACE, SAP, PLM, Microsoft Office
- Licensed Customs Broker (LCB) a plus
It's all in the details for our Global Trade Compliance team. We keep a sharp eye on government regulations that govern imports and exports, ensuring that our company is in full compliance with the law as our products move through the global supply chain. Our team works closely with our internal partners and maintains strong relationships with external business groups, including trade organizations, lobbyists, and consultants. There is no such thing as business as usual — ever-evolving economic, political and environmental regulations make for a complex, highly interesting and always exciting workday. Come join us!How We Work Together
- Adaptable - We change before we have to
- Entrepreneurial - We own it
- Collaborative - There's no "I" in Tory
- Client & Brand Focused - We put ourselves in Tory's shoes
- Live the Values - We show up for each other
- Functional Expertise - We're constantly learning and growing
We show up with honesty & kindness, act with integrity & compassion, work with passion & humility and lead with excellence & humor.Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment. Disability Accommodation
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .