Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on. Your Opportunity
This position will be part of the Leathergoods Product Development team whose mission is to coordinate LG and SLG collections development acting as interface for Design and suppliers and taking the product from sketches, to samples and industrialized product.
The position is a maternity cover and will be based at the offices in Scandicci (Firenze). How you will contribute
Who you are
- Collect and document indications from Design team relating to collections development
- Work closely with suppliers to develop samples that respect the expected aesthetic, quality and budget standards
- Follow sampling at suppliers in collaboration with internal and external pattern makers to analyze and resolve potential issues
- Prepare and attend fittings
- Liaise with other internal departments (Materials R&D, Metal Accessories, Production) as necessary
Why work with us?
- Previous experience in a product development role within the leather goods sector
- Proven capacity to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Believes in team work and treats others with respect
- Fluent in English as well as Italian
- Good knowledge of MS Office and particularly MS Excel. Knowledge of programs like Stealth or PLM
- Willing to travel in Italy and abroad where necessary
This is an excellent opportunity to join the Kering adventure in a moment of extraordinary growth, and become part of a dynamic team in a global Luxury group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.