Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Ralph Lauren seeks a Staff Cost Accountant to join our Finance organization working within team responsible for setting, updating and analyzing inventory standard costs and transfer prices in accordance with RL's standard operating procedures and accounting principles. The successful candidate will have at least 5+ years progressive responsibility within an accounting or financial operations team where the experience should include inventory costing, accounting and/or reporting responsibilities within an inventory driven retail or consumer goods organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Works within a team while demonstrating respect for RL corporate values
* Ensures all inventory items are costed accurately and timely
* Maintains costing KPI / performance metrics including demonstrating respect for timelines as well as cost-update decisions
* Contributes to thought-provoking opportunities to improve the costing process to enhance effective / efficiency
* Collaborates effectively with the Production team providing efficient flow of information required to cost inventory items
* Assists in meaningful analysis of Purchase Price Variance's when requested
* Completes assigned month-end financial closing tasks and provides requested data for periodic forecasts
* Responsible for timely and supported responses to internal and external audit requests and SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) compliance controls
* Completes ad hoc analysis as assigned
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Bachelor's / Masters degree in Accounting or another closely related business application; Semi qualified CMA/ CWA/ CA
* 5+ years progressive responsibility on inventory accounting, costing and/or reporting experience (any combination of public / private) within a retail or consumer goods environment
* Preference will be given to qualified Chartered Accountant/ Cost Accountants/ CMA/ CWA
* Able to work with large data sets utilizing query, reporting and summarization features within Excel / BI tools
* Partners with team members to complete thought-provoking assignments in accordance with RL corporate values
* Contributes to root cause analysis, including self-critical observations, to provide constructive feedback and opportunities for improvement
* Builds effective relationships and engage in healthy conflict to resolve challenge areas across levels and stakeholders in the organization to influence change
* Demonstrates basic understanding of and has some experience with accounting systems like: SAP (preferred), Oracle JDE, Microsoft AX and Island Pacific
* Able to effectively compile written summaries and communicate with integrity Ralph Lauren is dedicated to providing a comfortable and consciously inclusive work environment for everyone regardless of gender identity and expression, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.