Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.Job Overview
The primary responsibility of the Director of Shopping Services & Luxury Selling is to drive exceptional service and selling execution in Personal Shopping & Stylist to maximize sales. Areas of responsibility include both Men's and Women's Personal Shopping and Stylist. Driving the hiring/development of a team of powerful sellers is a critical responsibility. The Director will ensure powerful selling of luxury categories and cultivation of luxury clients in the services and will extend this leadership across the Flagship. The Director will liaise with luxury leaders, vendors and top sellers throughout the Flagship to drive luxury business, grow market share and establish Bloomingdale's as the best luxury partner in the New York City market. In partnership with the General Manager and direct reports, the Director will be responsible for developing and executing the store-facing aspects of the Shopping Services & Luxury business strategies that drive profitability.Essential Functions
Qualifications and Competencies
- Develop and support the growth of the Personal Shoppers and Stylists. Ensure that service, selling and client development skills and behaviors are being demonstrated at a consistently high level with visible results. Coach the shoppers/stylists to consistently develop their skill and results.
- Establish appropriate structure, processes, and standards to ensure a consistently high level, luxury experience for Services clients.
- Lead Flagship luxury leaders to create and implement strategies to drive accelerated luxury sales and to cultivate the luxury client.
- Hold direct reports accountable for business results, including sales, customer acquisition, event results, Loyalist applications/enrollments and NPS feedback.
- Possess an awareness of selling and service talent in the city. Proactively recruit for Personal Shopping/Stylist in partnership with Human Resources.
- Sell unique flagship luxury product with a distortion of sales in Personal Shopping.
- Drive focus on Top of the List client acquisition and development within the services and luxury brands.
- Deliver sales and client attendance to flagship specialty events and experiences.
- Work with Integrated Marketing team, and other store partners to develop a seasonal event schedule, ensuring execution to drive client acquisition and sales results, while adding animation to the luxury customer experience.
- Provide event recaps and report event productivity on a monthly basis, sharing results to coach team for improvement and develop best practices.
- Ensure there is consistent, proactive outreach to clients to drive sales volume. Promote effective use of b-connected and sales-enhancing tools and technology.
- Leadership Skills: Set clear expectations for leadership behavior and accountability for results.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- We encourage candidates with either a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a related field to apply.
- 5 years + of relative experience, preferably in the Retail Industry.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret documents.
- Excellent written/verbal skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to react and adapt well to changing priorities.
- Build powerful collaborative relationships.
- Empowers others to make decisions.
- Strong follow-up skills and sense of urgency.
- Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.