Since its launch in 1993 with a collection of six essential handbags, Kate Spade New York has always been colorful, bold, and optimistic. Today, it is a global lifestyle brand that designs extraordinary things for the everyday, delivering seasonal collections of handbags, ready-to-wear, jewelry, footwear, home décor, and more. Known for its rich heritage and unique brand DNA, Kate Spade New York offers a distinctive point of view and celebrates communities of women around the globe who live their perfectly imperfect lifestyles.
Kate Spade New York is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Job Title: HR Associate & Executive Assistant Primary Purpose:
The HR Associate will be responsible for all administrative tasks and coordination of projects supporting the Human Resources team. The role is based in our headquarters in New York City in a hybrid-capacity. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Human Resourcesto... HR Administration & Communication
HRBP Support, Recruitment and HR Partnership
- Assist with the execution of department events i.e. teambuilding, lunches, volunteering, etc.
- Coordination of all HR team meetings, processes and projects
- Process invoices for payment and set up new vendors in Buying Hub
- Work in close partnership with Communications on the kate spade Quarterly Business Review and all logistics associated with the meetings
- Develop relationships with internal administrative staff to facilitate meeting planning and scheduling
- Communicate and interact with members of the management team
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the kate spade HR team and internal departments, demonstrating leadership to maintain confidentiality, trust and support
- Maintain positive relationships with internal & external business partners and vendors
- Research, prioritize and follow up on incoming issues / concerns / topics
- Monitor and update trackers for new hires, transfers/promotions, terminations, open jobs, and temps/freelancers
- Maintain organizational charts in Visio
- Develop and manage any presentations needed for the SVP, Head of HR
Executive Administrative Support
- Serve as a liaison for hiring managers and talent acquisition for recruitment
- Track current and upcoming open jobs (in coordination with HR Operations)
- Liaise with hiring manager and Adecco on temp searches
- Work closely with Adecco for temp recruitment and tracking
- Internal onboarding/scheduling for new hires
- Manage offboarding process and communications
- Liaise with Talent Acquisition and assign Mentors as point of contact to manage KS internship and apprentice program recruitment and placement efforts
- Support Diversity & Inclusion initiatives across the business
- Guide leaders, people managers and employees to the appropriate source for queries and requests (including our intranet - The Loop, our HRIS systems - PeopleHub and our contact center - Tapestry People Services)
- Actively pursue knowledge of the business; business practices, policies, organizational structure, roles and responsibilities to better understand the business and leverage the understanding in your work
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Provide seamless calendar management for the SVP, Head of HR
- Manage logistics for meetings including organizing agendas, booking meeting rooms/zooms, calendar invites, preparing written materials, managing catering, room setup/cleanup, etc.
- Arrange all domestic and international travel, including itineraries, hotel, car, dining, entertaining
- Prepare Travel & Expense reports, reconcile corporate card expenses and uphold company T&E policies
- Manage, process and track invoices that go directly to the SVP, Head of HR
- Provide organizational and administrative support to kate spade HR team
An outstanding professional will have...
- Proactive and uses intuition to anticipate needs for the SVP, Head of HR and team
- Strong judgment, professionalism with ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Ability to maintain composure and effectiveness in a fast paced environment while being professionally assertive when appropriate
- Collaborative, team player with great initiative
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at once with superior organizational skills; fast learner who can navigate process
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Experience and excellence in partnering/customer service working with people of all levels
- Demonstrated ability to embrace differences and partner with others inclusively
- Curious, resourceful and with an entrepreneurial spirit
Our Competencies for All Employees
- BS or BA in Business, Human Resources, Psychology or related field preferred
- 1+ years of HR or relevant work experience
- Proficient in MS office, specifically Excel, including formulas and functions (ie vlookups, pivot tables, graphs, budgeting etc) and Powerpoint
- Experience with Visio org chart program is a plus, not required
- Experience with an SAP-based HR system is a plus, not required
- Experience with Glint is a plus, not required
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong moraleand spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Kate Spade is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under the consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Tapestry, Inc. will provide applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation for disabilities or religious beliefs. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Tapestry People Services at 1-855-566-9264 or firstname.lastname@example.org
#LI-KS1 #LI-HYBRID Visit Kate Spade at www.katespade.com . BASE PAY RANGE $70,000 TO $90,000 ANNUALLY
Click Here - U.S Corporate Compensation & Benefit WORK STRUCTURE: HYBRID