About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
In this role, you will be integral to defining strategy and roadmap across Consumer, Digital, and Technology (CDT) organization - reporting directly to the Chief Digital Technology Officer. Through rigorous analyses, focus on our customers, creative thinking, and deep partnership with the business, we develop the strategic direction for our portfolio of brands. We are responsible for the definition and evolution of our overall corporate strategy, for identifying organic and inorganic growth opportunities where we can create structural advantage, and for preparing and supporting our C-Level executives for key stakeholders meetings. You will be responsible for helping to establish the initiatives and capabilities we need to compete effectively and to deliver the future growth. You will help establish priorities, capabilities and ensure the structures to support successful implementation are in place. You will also ensure the competitive landscape is understood and will help to inform the optimal market positioning. You will help to bring together the right customer insights, journey mapping and analytics to vet all strategies and capabilities and ensure we deliver what our customer wants. You will be a key leader in strategic change initiatives to drive growth and will work collaboratively to ensure that brand and functional strategies come together to execute.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Work in partnership and as a trusted thought leader with leaders to inform and influence business strategies (e.g., pricing, brand architecture, infrastructure, channels, new markets).
- Responsible for developing strategic roadmap across all CDT subfunctions - providing strategic leadership to surface program risks, driving support for Annual Operating Plan (AOP), and partners to manage technology costs.
- Vet new ideas against expected outcomes and consumer needs. Conducts and pulls together full journey mapping to validate business opportunities.
- Identify and deconstruct business issues and develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to evaluate strategies
- Articulate clear and compelling storylines that drive action; Structure and monitor the work of multiple groups and projects
- Develops and lead transformation efforts
- Serve as a strategic partner as Brands develop annual Long Range Plans
- Support cross functional business partners with analytical insights and problem solving
- Build cross functional partnerships and consensus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Strategy consulting and corporate strategy experience with deep knowledge of apparel, retail, customer and digital. Experience with a product company preferred. Passion for Product and Consumer Experience and experience with progressive and innovative consumer insights efforts
- Demonstrated success in advancing and growing businesses globally
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; ability to frame new, ambiguous and complex issues; able to generate insight through rigorous analysis
- Turnaround and transformation efforts, including business model innovation, operating systems development, large scale cost improvements, and organizational restructures and effectiveness
- Strong leadership abilities, including the ability to develop talent and build a high performing team; Strong influence skills and ability to work successfully with peers; a true team player
- Ability to work effectively with senior executives; Strong communications and presentation skills; Desire and ability to work in a matrixed organization
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $169,300 - $245,200 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.