About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
In this role, the LAR (Lease Accounting Reconciliation) Analyst will support the overall Finance function for a large, multi-brand retailer in a fast-paced, complex environment. Gap Inc.'s headquarters Finance team provides financial support to various business units and the Executive Leadership teams. Work with internal and external business partners (RE Law, Lease Admin, Lease Accounting and Accounts Payable) to ensure that regular lease payments are made for the proper amount and to the proper supplier. Work independently on Year End invoices and reconciliations. Work through any disputes with landlord representatives and involving and escalating to the appropriate contacts internally and externally. Resolve payments with respect to VAT and other sales tax items. Represent and understand accounting and accruals to be able to account for transactions properly in the statement of Year Ends and other activities that impact the Profit and Loss statement (P&L) as well as the Balance Sheet.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Manage a working portfolio of leases either as a landlord portfolio or individual.
- Build relationships with landlords to understand their needs for remittances and other deliverables that can help provide better customer service.
- Interact with Excel and Access at the Intermediate level (use formulas like vlookup, if/then) with little to no instruction as necessary for delivering financial based analysis on lease costs.
- Work independently to resolve ad-hoc and difficult research requests.
- Reconcile landlord account balances.
- Resolve lease language conflicts regarding monthly escrows and annual pro-rata share amounts with our landlords.
- Provide financial support and analysis to key internal groups such as Corporate Real Estate, Store Development, Real Estate Finance, Financial Planning & Analysis and Internal Audit
- Identify and research variances to forecast, budget and prior year expenses, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross functional teams at all levels of the organization
- Participate in projects and assignments of diverse scope
- Prepare monthly financial reports to Gap Inc management and ensure reports are accurate and distributed in a timely manner
- Deliver financials for the company, whether related to financial close, internal or external reporting, or analysis for key stakeholders in Finance
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Understanding of financial statements including balance sheets and general ledgers, Sarbanes Oxley compliance, and the financial close process
- High level of individual accountability and motivation
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel
- Committed to continuous growth and learning
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.