Reports To: President & CEO
Scope of Position:
The Director reports to the President and CEO and in close collaboration with clients, develops and directs clients’ long term PR strategy and creative marketing. Conveys what brands should do on the creative side to enhance their business goals. Oversees all client accounts and Account Managers to ensure client PR strategy and creative marketing goals are being met. Is responsible for overall management of creative and administrative affairs within the agency. Provide and model customer-service driven leadership in the agency.
- Client acquisition
- Build and manage relationships with clients to further their strategic goals
- Lead ideation of client strategy
- Prepare and present client strategy
- Lead ideation and execution of client events
- Initiate and facilitate brand partnerships
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with editors, stylists, and other key industry professionals
- Lead and manage agency team in creative affairs
- Manage HR and Payroll functions
- Ensure team is providing results to clients
- Participate in bi-monthly client calls\
- Oversee staff and intern recruitment
- Oversee training of new staff
- Coaching and performance evaluation of all staff members: Work in a collaborative, productive and timely manner with all colleagues to further company goals.
- Administrative duties related to working in a collegial small office (ex. Answering phones, shipping orders, etc)
- Lead bi-monthly strategic manager meetings
- Weekly check-in meetings with individual staff members
- 90-day and further performance reviews as necessary
- Become a trusted resource for Clients.
- Strategic mindset and flair for creativity, strategic thinking and innovation: Ability to keep abreast of trends in art, fashion, alternative cultures, niche interests, creative industries, etc. through research and trend analysis.
- Communication: Budget Management Strong sense of organization in every aspect of directorial responsibilities. Ability to work on multiple projects or portfolios, prioritize appropriately, and manage projects through to completion
- Knowledge and passion for the media, including social media.
- Ability to see big picture while simultaneously focusing on details
- Ability to gain full perspective on all sides of issues with tough, outside the box questioning
- Be curious, inquisitive and a good observer
- Convey what clients should do on creative side to enhance their business goals
- Ability to communicate with clients in clear, impactful, and convincing ways about creative strategy.
- Ability to communicate effectively to team members how Client strategy will be achieved through their efforts.
- Plan, track, audit and report on all project budgets to ensure appropriate compliance with client contract
- Ensure spending on client accounts is cost effective and providing suitable ROI
- Ability to work efficiently in high-volume, deadline-driven environments.
- Solid knowledge of common computer applications including Google Workspace.
- Ability to do deep-dive internet research