APPARATUS is a New York-based design studio that explores the relationship of lighting, furniture and objects in immersive environments, threading the historical and the cultural through a modern lens.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative management and support to the Artistic Director (40%), President (40%) and COO (20%). This includes managing calendars, making travel arrangements, running daily schedules, handling correspondence, preparing meeting materials, and providing overall organizational support. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, highly organized, and have excellent communication skills. They will also have a strong work ethic and a passion for creativity and innovation.
- Proactively manage, assess and predict the day-to-day needs of the CEO and President to ensure they are prepared and organized for all internal and external meetings and events.
- Execute on a wide variety of incoming requests, responding to, organizing, or delegating as needed.
- Manage the calendars of the Artistic Director and President, including scheduling and adjusting meetings, appointments and keeping track of travel arrangements.
- Book and manage domestic and international travel and logistics.
- Assist with meetings management – can include sending calendar invitations, working with stakeholders on agendas and preparation, taking notes, distilling information and following up on action items.
- Provide a wide range of administrative support including professional and personal administration.
- Handle confidential and non-routine information and coordinate communication between appropriate departments.
- Facilitate daily meal ordering and delivery.
- Liaise with Finance department on tracking of expenses.
- Provide support for special projects.
- Gift coordination and business communication tasks.
- Communicate directly with VIP external contacts as needed.
- Proofread documents for appropriate grammar, punctuation, spelling and a particular attention to APPARATUS brand standards.
- Organize and catalog paperwork and files.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and switch focus with ease.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with an independent drive and ability to work under pressure to deliver items quickly.
- Professional, confident and gracious.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrate a consistently positive attitude and ability to be a collaborative team player.
- Ability to demonstrate discretion and handle sensitive information.
- Passion for excellence.
- Ability to build rapport quickly with a variety of individuals.
- Strategic and solutions-based thinker.
- Strong aesthetic and presentation skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Comfortable stepping outside regular duties as needed.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing plans and priorities in an ever-evolving environment.
- Ability to respond professionally to critical feedback and proactive in seeking support and help when needed.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience as an executive assistant or in a similar role. Hospitality background a plus.
- Proven ability in a high-paced environment that values consistency, efficiency, and excellence.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google applications with the ability to learn an implement new technology quickly and accurately.
- Experience with VIP external contacts and managing sensitive and confidential matters with the utmost discretion.
- Experience managing and coordinating busy calendars.
- Full-time gallery hours : Monday–Friday, generally 10:00AM–6:00PM.
- Longer hours and weekend availability as needed.
- Domestic or international travel as needed.
PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND CHECK-INS SCHEDULE
- Regular check-ins.
- Annual performance review.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position is non-remote and is based in our New York Studio. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.