At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.JOB PURPOSE
Burberry is currently looking for an experienced Senior Accountant
to enhance our award-winning accounting team based in Leeds. Within this role you will be responsible for completing Record to Report (RTR) tasks across the EMEIA region while playing an active role in developing more junior members of the team. Alongside this, we're looking for a true subject matter expert who is committed to their own development, wants to contribute to a variety of projects and has a continuous improvement mindset. A truly exciting opportunity to join our EMEIA accounting team and contribute to the success of the wider Burberry Finance function.This is a full time, permanent role based in our Queen Street Leeds office on a hybrid working basis (2 days per week in the office).RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertaking and approving RTR transactions and reports, covering the EMEIA region
- Preparing, reviewing and approving balance sheet reconciliations
- Working closely with stakeholders across the business to process owners to understand issues and drive solutions, keeping in mind processes, practicalities and exceptions
- Preparing, reviewing and submitting local compliance work, from statutory accounts and VAT to tax periodic returns.
- Responding to ad hoc queries and undertaking analysis when needed
- Responsibility for supervising and training of junior accountants, reviewing work as needed
- Ensuring compliance with Group Policies, including operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting
- Completed or nearing completion (final exams) of a professional accounting qualification e.g. ACA, CA, ACCA or CIMA.
- Experienced in applying IFRS or local accounting GAAP
- Worked within a multicurrency environment, analysing and understanding the impact of movements in exchange rates on reported results
- Demonstrated an appetite for delivering continuous improvement
- Advanced Excel skills with experience of building and working with complex models and large data sets
- You may be required to travel at times, and some weekend/public holidays working may be required during half year and year end periods
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.