Accountant¦ La Roca Village ¦ Permanent Full time, Hybrid] Something Extraordinary Every Day™ As our Accountant, you will undertake general accounting duties, including assisting in management and statutory reporting, to ensure financial administration runs smoothly at the Village. You will work closely with Senior Account and support the Chief Accountant. What you will be doing
• Manage inter-company charging and reconciliations including corporate loans
• Performance general accounting duties including the journal postings, petty cash management, production of payment runs, etc.
• Liaise with budget holders on cost and coding issues
• Perform ongoing reviews of the purchase order system
• Oversee the day-to-day running of the purchase ledger and assist in query, account and coding resolution, and peak period processing support
• Check and sign-off end of month BACS (Bankers' Automated Clearing System) runs and ad-hoc payments
• Oversee VAT returns of the business
• Prepare and assist in management inquiries including sales related inquiries and royalty calculations
• Produce weekly cashflow schedule
• Follow up with late debtors and prepare weekly late debtor status reports
• Prepare inquiries received from the audit team
• Ensure all accounts and related filing archiving is kept in order
• Participate in Finance Department meetings What makes you special
Every colleague is an entrepreneur at heart and this drives our organisational culture, which values invention, innovation and risk taking. To be successful with us, you'll have:
• A qualified accountant, passed finalist or similar level of experience
• Computer literate with high proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Experience in liaising or assisting auditors
• Excellent organization skills and demonstrate proactiveness
• Ability to prioritise your work to meet tight and multiple deadlines
• Able to work well with all levels across the business and customers with a creative and open minded capability to adapt to a fast pace environment under pressure
• Ability to both work as a team and work independently with minimal supervision
• Fluent in English and Spanish There's no one quite like us
The Bicester Collection are the worlds' leading luxury shopping destinations, and we are committed to creating magical and memorable experiences for our guests. Taking the name of the founding Village, The Bicester Collection distinguishes the 11 Villages in Europe and China as one collection of destinations for our guests, our brand partners, our travel and tourism partners, our corporate and financial media, and our internal teams.
Our Vision is to be the best shopping destination in the world.
Our Mission is to make the lives of others better including our brands, our guests, our people and our communities.
Our Brand Promise is to offer something extraordinary every day.
Our Five Values are the glue that bind us together and allows us to lead ahead:
Why we're exceptional
- Authenticity - Always do the right thing
- Innovation - Think outside of the box
- Passion - Do what you love and love what you do!
- Critical Thinking - Challenge the obvious
- Vision - Be mission driven always
The key to our success is the quality and commitment of our people. In return for your hard work and commitment to our values, you'll receive a generous salary and we'll also reward you through our Feel Good Programme which offers the following benefits:
Come and live your story with us
- Lifestyle - Our Lifestyle benefits include life assurance, income protection, pension, leisure travel insurance, an electric car scheme, a discounted shopping portal, discounts across our Villages, a referral bonus and season ticket loans.
- Physical - Our Physical health benefits include private medical cover, virtual doctor support, dental insurance, health screening, a cycle-to-work scheme, eye care and flu vaccinations.
- Mental - Our Mental health benefits include access to professionals as well as support from trained mental health 'first aiders' from across the business, an employee assistance programme and free access to Headspace and Thrive, two of the most well respected mental well-being apps.
- Social - Our social programme is designed to help us connect and, most importantly, have fun! Benefits include yoga classes, summer parties, outdoor team activities, time away from the office to enjoy special occasions such as birthdays, getting married, moving house and, of course, taking a well-deserved break.
At The Bicester Collection, we are focused on attracting and retaining the best talent. We believe in fostering an open culture, which supports our people to thrive and creates a sense of belonging. Working at the Bicester Collection means entering an inclusive space where all perspectives are valued, ideas are shared freely, and creativity is encouraged.