POSITION SUMMARY: All brands strategy, product development and innovation are led and driven by certain PVH affiliates in the US with respect to products under the Calvin Klein, and Tommy Hilfiger sold in NA, Asia and SA; and in the Netherlands with respect to products bearing the Tommy Hilfiger Europe, Calvin Klein Europe with respect and sold in the Asia region. The position in this job description helps the above mentioned PVH related parties meet their operating and strategic needs.
(Briefly state the main purpose and function of the position. Describe why this position exists and its major contribution to the organization. )
- PVH leverages a diversified portfolio of brands. This includes Calvin Klein Apparel for North America, Calvin Klein Performance Global, and The Underwear Group brands Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Nike, Warner's, Olga, and True & Co. The Product Development Associate is the heart of cross-functional collaboration between Design, Supply Chain, Operations, Technical Design, and Vendors. This associate is accountable for PLM system accuracy enabling Vendor production against Design intent and Technical specifications of each style. This associate is responsible to execute data quality and system compliance checks that will verify Data Governance requirements and ability for Product Data to flow through PVH's system architecture. This associate is also responsible to convert design concept to the technical specification.
(Describe the major responsibilities and accountabilities of the position. Clearly and concisely indicate the end result(s) a person in the position is expected to accomplish.)
Offshore Product Development support to Design
- Execute Tech Packs at the right time based on market feedback, e.g. Create Tech Packs after business has intel from Market on selling.
- Manage Tech Pack details post market including maintaining delivery shifts, activating & deactivating colors.
- Maintain label codes on Bill of Material including Heat Transfers, Care Labels, Global Care Labels, etc.
- Update TP based on Vendor guidance for sewing materials, e.g. thread type (SOP supplied by TD).
- As needed, attend in region fittings and sale sample reviews and support Tech Pack updates.
- Responsible for completeness and accuracy of Ready to Sell Tech Pack by taking style direction from cross functional partners and vendor.
Offshore Product Development support to Supply
- Responsible to carry over Core Tech Pack in Centric every year.
- Create Market Styles in XPC.
- Verify Tech Pack Data Quality and make corrections to PLM Governed fields.
- Audit & correct Tech Pack details to verify compliant for downstream data flow:
- All colors married to fabric.
- Execute audit reports to verify Tech Pack accuracy against Line Matrix and XPC.
- Identify and report out root cause of errors.
- Data Quality verification for NRF Ext, NRF (including duplications).
- Sales sample tracking and reporting for exceptions.
- Support tracking and reporting of sales sample liabilities.
- Verify TP completeness and change to Ready for Bulk Stage.
- As needed, attend fittings and manage Tech Pack updates.
- As needed, attend onsite and offsite training, key meetings, vendor.
Offshore Product Development support for Packaging
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS
- Create codes for new packaging items seasonally.
- Add packaging digitals to item records in Centric.
- Create and maintain packaging BOMs for all TUG brands.
(the type and degree of regular contact the position has with contacts inside
the company and outside
Internal Contacts: Design, Global Supply, Regional Operations, Tech Design, Go-to-Market, Data Governance, and Business Process teams
External Contacts: Overseas factories, hubs, and mills SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
(the number and positions of associates that report directly or indirectly to the position. Describe any on-going functional project management responsibilities. Use N/A
if the position has no supervisory responsibilities.)
- Direct: N/A
- Indirect: Influence and lead cross functional teams
(the scope and approximate value of the position's budgetary responsibilities, including operating and capital budgets, contracts, inventory, margins etc. Use N/A
if the position has no budgetary responsibilities.) DECISION MAKING
(indicate the nature, degree and scope of direct and indirect decision-making responsibilities.)
- Able to make decision within a defined set of parameters or execute decisions by engaging with appropriate decision maker.
(describe the nature, degree, and scope of opportunity to develop innovative methods and processes.).
- Highly motivated associate with excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Must be flexible and prove effective in fast paced environments.
- Must be able to work effectively with all cross functional partners internal and external of the organization.
: (describe any special or unique aspects of the work environment which impacts the scope and/or complexity of the position's responsibilities.)
- Fast-paced, constantly changing, deadline- and process-driven environment with extremely time-sensitive procedures in place. Overseas travel to regional offices may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE Education & Experience:
- Embrace PVH's core values: Individuality, Partnership, Passion, Integrity, and Accountability.
(The required degrees, certifications or licenses & the number of years and type of experience required for this position.)
- University/Engineering degree in fashion or manufacturing with less than 1 year of related work experience
- or post-secondary degree in fashion or manufacturing with minimum of 3 years of related work experience
- Strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Precise and detail-oriented.
- Computer proficient.
(The specific skills an individual must possess in order to meet the expectations of the position.)
- Knowledge of pre-production and product development processes
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with the business and cross functional teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English) that relate to multilevel leaders
- Strong presentation, interpersonal, & communication skills
- Ability to communicate with the global business teams, vendors, and PVH Technology Process Group (TPG)
- Team work "Can-do" attitude to drive results
- Strong skill in MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint (MS Project / Visio preferred)
- Advanced PLM skills (Centric PLM preferred)
- Working knowledge of garment PLM Tech Pack and Bill of Material requirements
- Effective organization and time management skills, with ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Ability to work independently and set deadlines for self and team
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment with multiple deadlines
- Ability to understand and execute data updates to source systems based on Data Governance rules and decision trees
- Analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and Project Management methodologies