About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.About the Role
The Senior Manager of Pricing Analytics owns the pricing analysis tied to the Old Navy brand strategic pricing principles.
This includes a scope across three specific areas:
1)Strategic principles. Drive the definition of the brand's strategic pricing principles as part of our refresh of pricing strategy for the $8B annual revenue Old Navy brand in North America. This also includes the definitions and measurements of success, and driving adoption with cross-functional teams.
2)Strategic Discount Budget. Strategic positioning of discount spend across the varying mechanisms we use to price products and communicate pricing to customers.
3)In-season analytics. The reconciliation of in-season execution with forecasted performance and actuals, including recommendations to our Merchandise Planning and Company Planning (Finance) teams through 'what if' scenarios and financial modeling of pricing strategies.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Own and manage relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners for strategic pricing and analytics projects.
- Own the pricing guardrails adopted by the cross-functional team. This includes the measurement and driving of adoption.
- Own the strategic discount budget for the brand and inseason reconciliation of actions taken relative to the budget.
- Develop and manage aggregated data analysis and reporting systems that translate findings into actionable and detailed visual reports, while delivering research-driven recommendations that address specific business needs.
- Provide strategic, analytical, and technical guidance to the Pricing Analytics team (2 direct reports) and accountable for the outcome of the teams' work and development.
- Autonomously work cross-functionally with peers and be able to share clear findings and results with members of our leadership team. This includes our Merchandising, Planning, Company Planning, Commerce and Experience, and Pricing Operations teams.
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvement and support cross-functional decision making.
Benefits at Old Navy
- 8+ years of demonstrable experience (with undergraduate degree) or 3-5 years of demonstrable experience (with graduate degree) in data analytics roles either directly with a business or in a management consulting capacity. Experience in apparel retail or CPG environments is preferred but not mandatory.
- Able to manipulate very large data sets to interpret patterns and learnings.
- Be a translator of analytical process and insights with cross-functional member of various backgrounds.
- Have a very strong understanding of data structures and algorithms. Have a functional understanding of Python and SQL, or other programming languages.
- Able to lead the development of a pricing analytics team
- Can effectively map processes and articulate and prioritize interdependencies.
- Able to identify change impacts and leverage partners to overcome barriers and roadblocks
- Experienced in systems implementations, from initial requirements through end-user rollout.
- Anticipate risks and identifies contingency plans and processes to prevent disruptions when risks occur
- Operate with a high degree of personal accountability and autonomy to follow through with what you say you will do. Bias for action is critical, and waiting to be told what to do will not result in success in this role.
- Have a willingness to learn and be wrong. You must be able to speak with candor, listen for understanding, and receive feedback with humility.
- BA/BS degree required. Preferred emphasis on supply chain, business, mathematics, industrial engineering, computer science, or economics.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $99,300 - $147,900 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.