Seamstress to assemble prototypes, fits, sales and customer samples from beginning to end.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Seamstress receives bag with spec and cut pieces one style at a time.
- Seamstress must read the spec for components, sewing instructions and finished measurements.
- Must assemble the entire suit, from start to finish.
- Must work very closely with Designers/Patternmakers in order to work out specific styles, question construction, and relay any problems or suggestions that they may have.
- Must be able to use multiple industrial sewing machines to perform the various sewing operations.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent experience.
Experience: Highly skilled on single needle sewing machine.
- Ability to read specs and possess high level of sewing skills
- Be able to sit at various sewing machines, mainly the single needle machine.
- Must be able to stand, sit, and walk 8 hours/day.
- Must walk within & outside of the department to use the various sewing machines needed to assemble suits.
SWIM USA is an EOE