The Financial Aid Services department seeks a highly motivated, self-directed manager with the ability to deliver a high level of interactive customer service, develop and maintain collaborative relationships inside and outside of the College, possess the ability to prioritize effectively, proactively solve problems, and manage multiple projects simultaneously with high levels of accuracy. This position requires excellent leadership and decision-making skills, the ability to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames, as well as good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. The successful candidate must possess excellent attention to detail, a process-improvement focus, good training, analytical and documentation skills, as well as proficient technology skills, including proficiency with the Microsoft Suite of Office Applications. The candidate must maintain a positive manner, be well organized, and be able to perform under pressure in a fast-paced, high-performance environment. This position also must possess the ability to work well with students, faculty, and staff, and manage employees at all levels within a diverse, multicultural, and collaborative environment. The desired applicant will be an enthusiastic, flexible individual with the ability to prioritize several complex tasks. The position also requires assisting with processing, verifications, packaging review, SAP appeals, R2t4s, scholarships, loans, and Study Abroad. Responsibilities:
- Oversee the Department of FAS in the absence of the Director.
- Provide leadership and direction for the Financial Aid office in the absence of the Director.
- Assist in the development of institutional policies and procedures based on federal regulations and guidelines.
- Keep up to date and abreast of changes to pertinent legislation and regulations concerning Financial Aid.
- Act as a staff resource for clarification and information.
- Collaborate with the Director of Financial Aid to develop, implement and maintain internal controls and procedures across campus to
- maximize inclusion.
- Establish institutional policies and procedures, such as those related to, but not limited to, SAP, PJ, D/O. etc.
- Provide support for all internal and external federal and state audits.
- Provide action plans, resources, training and for the performance and professional development of the financial aid team.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position.Requirements: Minimum Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master's degree in higher education, counseling, business, or a related field required.
- Minimum of five years of Financial Aid experience.
- Supervisory experience in financial aid with excellent leadership, decision-making skills, and the ability to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames with excellent attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, self-directed manager with the ability to effectively solve problems, and manage multiple projects simultaneously with high levels of accuracy.
- Responsible for the overall management of Title IV and NYS state aid programs, including staying up to date with changes in regulations.
- Ability to coordinate and participate in college events that involve Financial Aid Services.
- Responsibility for the overall fund management and awarding of internal and external scholarships.
- Responsible for all standard processing of federal and state aid requirements, such as, but not limited to, processing, verifications, packaging review, and c-flags.
- Responsible for training staff on new or changed state and federal aid regulations.
- Experience working with the Banner software system preferred.
- Responsible for other duties assigned by the Director of Financial Aid Services.
Please note, all offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the background check process.
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled. Successful completion of a background check is required for appointment to this position once an offer has been made. Salary
Salary Range: $69,475- $102,388 per year
The final starting salary and appointment rank will be based on education level and cumulative experience; Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) Salary Schedules pg. 72.
Instructor: $59,673- $69,524
Assistant Professor: $69,475- $102,388
Associate Professor: $81,317- $122,427
Professor: $99,159- $149,217 Work Schedule
Days/Hours: M-F, 30 hour work week, in person; work schedule subject to change based on needs of the department. Benefits
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) provides comprehensive employee benefit programs designed to help keep our faculty and staff and their families healthy, safe, happy, and productive. Our programs also include a variety of components to help our employees improve the quality and balance of their work and family lives, and to help them prepare for their futures.
- Retirement Plans
- Health Care Plan and Dental Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter Benefit Plan
- FIT Tuition Exemption Program
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, Sick and Holidays)
- 4-day Summer Workweek
For a full list of FIT benefits, visit our benefits webpage . Pay Equity by State Employers
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com. Visa Sponsorship
Fashion Institute of Technology is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position. Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Chief Diversity Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212 217.3360, firstname.lastname@example.org . Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Requirements
This position will be required to constantly read and comprehend, occasionally perform calculations, constantly verbally communicate, frequently analyze, and constantly write. The working conditions for this position will be on campus, primarily in an office environment. The physical requirement for this position will require constant sitting, constant standing, occasional bending, occasional walking, and occasional lifting 10 lbs. or less. Application Instructions:
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript
- A minimum of three professional references, including names, titles, addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail contact information.
Returning Applicants - Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your submitted application material.
Please note that due to the anticipated volume of applications, we are unable to contact each applicant about his or her application status.
For more information about us, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu .About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites applications for an Assistant Director of Financial Aid Services.