We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Job Title:
Supervisor, Fulfillment (Global Fulfillment and Logistics) Location:
Jacksonville, FL - onsite Shift:
Monday - Thursday (night shift) Hours:
4:30pm - 3:00am EST Primary Purpose:
The Supervisor will be responsible for leading and managing a department team within our 3 shift/7 day a week fulfillment center in North Jacksonville (inbound, outbound, VAS, etc.). They will set clear expectations and motivate associates to meet or exceed business goals with collaboration of managers on all shifts and functional partners in transportation, workflow, and customer service. The Supervisor will also play a key role in developing, implementing, and maintaining activities related to production, safety, quality, continuous improvement, people & culture, customer service, and business goals.
This position will have multiple direct reports made up of clerks, distribution associates, and seasonal staff. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to...
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Coordinate daily tactical planning with other Supervisors and business partners through problem solving and decision-making processes
- Ensure all standard operating procedures and training documents are followed and updated as needed
- Report weekly and monthly performance against goals
- Provide feedback to team/associates for developmental growth
- Review staffing to ensure that the appropriate coverage is available to support volume and adjust accordingly
- Cross-train staff to ensure there are sufficient resources for all tasks in the department
- Lead projects that will drive continuous improvement
- Manage multiple tasks while maintaining daily operations
- Assist the Operations Manager in preparation of financial processes
- Perform other duties per request or as assigned
- Lift up to 50 pounds frequently
- Stand and walk for up to 12 hours during shifts
- Work in an environment with varied noise levels and temperatures
An outstanding professional will have...
- High School diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a supervisor level position in a warehouse/distribution center environment
- Ability to manage and direct team functions with little or no direct supervision
- Successful record in supervising, training, coaching/motivating, problem solving, and developing others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work and communicate at all levels of the organization
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel is required and experience with a WMS preferred
Our Competencies for All Employees
- College degree
- More than 5 years in a distribution center supervisor role
- Strong conflict resolution, servant leadership, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage trends and business changes, while building flexibility within the team
- Ability to perform process optimization, developing solutions, and adapting to the changing needs of the business
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others : Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibiteby applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/ #Li_KM1