Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that's run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand - our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We've built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what's next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we're headed, we'd love to have you join us.About the Role
We are storytellers. We inform, inspire and unify all who live, shop + steward our portfolio of purpose-led, billion-dollar lifestyle brands. As a part of this team, this role will focus on supporting Gap's product icon strategy, building the reputation of the brand's core products to both internal and external audiences. This role will work across the full Communications team to collaborate on our external narrative and build meaningful relationships with media and stakeholders on behalf of Gap and drive communications plans against key initiatives for the brand. The role reports into the Senior Director of Communications.
This position requires an experienced communications and PR professional with at least 5 years background, agency experience preferred.What You'll Do
Who You AreWHO YOU ARE
- Own relationships with key business and retail media to proactively place stories that support the Gap brand strategy, with a focus on our product icons, and support interviews and speaking engagements.
- Research and draft press releases, talking points, Q&As, and other written materials to manage communication and increase awareness of the brand and our products.
- Develop and pitch story ideas to consumer, business, and trade media to support seasonal brand and product messages and major brand initiatives.
- Write quotes and responses to media inquiries.
- Pitch, draft and edit articles for internal communication channels.
- Research and respond to media inquiries -- trade, local and regional, national and international.
- Evaluate to reactive opportunities and respond in a timely manner.
- Work directly with PR agency partners to accomplish campaign goals.
- Support People & Culture function with internal communications, including global town hall support.
- Write talking points for leaders and provide counsel in how to share news and information with global teams.
- Be a flexible team player who can work across teams and time zones to drive results.
Benefits at Gap
- 5 years of relevant experience with agency experience preferred.
- Experience in media relations, with experience in retail or apparel a plus.
- Ability to own key media relationships, managing both proactive and reactive situations.
- Highly organized with acute attention to detail and proven track record of working in a cross-functional communications environment.
- Excellent written, verbal and advisory skills and understanding of and experience using traditional and digital communications tools.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, communications or related field a plus.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $106,700 - $141,400 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.