Position Summary: Responsible for scheduling and documentation of all outbound traffic. Contacts customers and carriers to route shipments. Prepares records of shipments including Bills of Lading. Maintains pickup appointments information and pickup status.
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities of the Job:
1. Responsible & accountable for building relationships with customers' and specific carriers.
Routes and optimizes carriers' freight.
Makes sure customers' shipments start dates, cancel dates, and in DC dates are met.
Communicates issues information from customers' & specific carriers' back to PVH customer service, PVH strategic services, and PVH transportation.
Schedules between $10,000,000 to $25,000,000 of wholesale dollars and/or 100,000,000 to 250,000,000 units for customers' shipments.
Ensures load planning accuracy of cube and customers' shipments on time arrival.
2. Schedules all outbound shipments based on customer routing requirements and carrier appointment schedules.
3. Coordinates with customer logistics department and carriers to confirm that adequate equipment is on site.
4. Prepares outbound paperwork ensuring it is complete and accurate.
5. Maintains orderly files and shipping records for all outbound shipments. Researches, pulls, and communicates requests for shipping documentation.
6. Uses PKMS Warehouse Management System for shipment data to build loads, track/update shipment information, and research issues.
7. Uses Microsoft Outlook e-mail for communications with PVH customer service, PVH strategic services, PVH transportation,
McDonough management group, McDonough merchandise coordinators, McDonough assistant wave planners, customers' traffic departments, and carriers.
8. Communicates with shipping dock management team regarding specific customer or carrier issues.
9. Prepares commercial invoices for international shipping.
10. Works with PVH customer service, PVH strategic services, and PVH transportation to set up new customer accounts.
11. Requests extensions for customer PO's and communicates carrier/customer issues to PVH customer service & PVH Strategic Services.
12. Collaborates regarding customer chargebacks with PVH deductions/claims and McDonough merchandise coordinators.
13. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
14. The ability to work with detailed information, analyzes data, and makes proper decisions.
Internal & External Contacts:
Internal: DC Mgmt. Supervision, McDonough Merchandise Coordinators, McDonough Assistant Wave Planners, IT, Inventory Control
External: PVH Customer Service, PVH Strategic Services, PVH Transportation, PVH Deductions/Claims, Customers' Traffic Departments, Carriers
Budgetary Responsibilities: N/A
Decision Making: Must work closely with supervisor to coordinate shipments of customers' freight on timely basis.
Resourcefulness/Creativity: Utilize customer's routing systems to schedule shipping within designated windows.
Environment: Spends a lot of time working with PC and on telephone.
Qualifications & Experience:
Experience: 2+ years of shipping routing experience preferred. Distribution background is a plus.
Education: 4 Year Degree preferred
Skills: Knowledge of Windows (Excel and Outlook). Effective oral and written communication skills.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH