Coach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941. Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful things, crafted to last-for you to be yourself in.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.Position Title: Visual Merchandising Production Assistant Manager/Manager Reports to: Senior Director, Visual Merchandising Field Location: Tokyo Primary purpose:
To manage Coach Brand key pop-up, outposts production execution. This person will need to have effective communication, budget management skills and will be work closely with global production team and collaboratively with VM team and cross functional peers in Japan. Key Responsibilities:
- Organize various project installation s (window, facade animation, pop up, exhibition, in-store animation and light box) and arrangement of transportation for the VM tools (tools for display, props, fixture & furniture)
- Follow all visual directives, when managing the local events with the HQ team and the local suppliers.
- Adapt/substitute design creativities in a brand appropriate manner to make Visual Merchandising suitable to regional needs.
- Manage the seasonal 2D print production (light box, window vinyl and in-store signage program) with the HQ team, local cross-functional team, and also with the local and oversea s production, supplier and vender companies.
- Support all 3D production (window, pop up, events etc.) with VM production manager.
- Discuss and negotiate the production with production companies
- Adjust the installation schedule with installer, store, local cross-functional teams and HQ's team.
- Arrange delivery for all 2D and 3 D project (window, facade animation, pop up, exhibition, in-store animation and light box).
- Study and improve the installation quality with each new installation
- Report to HQ (written report, photo)
- Take control of the order and inventory of VM tools and fixtures for new opening stores, new concept stores and renovated locations with the HQ team and local cross-functional teams.
- Control incoming shipment from direct vendor and global distribution center and assist outgoing deliveries to stores and the event locations.
- Manage associated logistics, follow up and trade compliance tasks as needed
- Arrange VM prop/ fixture and other VM elements from warehouse to store and back
- Review warehouse inventory on a quarterly basis and arrange disposal
- Communicate with stores for preparation, arrangement, installations and dismantle for all projects that VM production supports.
- Support the budget management of all activities related to visual merchandising production.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Strong interest in creative thinking, architecture, in-store environment, art, photography and l uxury goods etc.
- Minimum 2 years' experience of project coordination (window, pop ups, light box, print production, fixture & furniture arrangement etc.) experience preferred.
- Japanese Fluent/Good level of English (business level of reading and writing is required)
- Strong attention to detail
- Good time management skills - ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Computer skills (essential: Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong moraleand spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Tapestry, Inc. will provide applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation for disabilities or religious beliefs. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Tapestry People Services at 1-855-566-9264 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Coach at www.coach.com.BASE PAY RANGE TO
Click Here - U.S Corporate Compensation & Benefit