At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.JOB PURPOSE
Merchandiser has overall accountability for product selection, placement, and performance within assigned category.CONNECTING WITH OTHERS
Planning/Allocation - Share key initiatives, timing of deliveries and store profiles.
Storeline - Communicate product availability and opportunities.
Corporate Merchants - Regional sales performance and opportunities.RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work effectively as a member of a cross-functional department team (Merchandising, Planning, and Allocation) by focusing on team objectives and communicating clearly.
• Formulate and execute selection, range, assortment, and promotion of merchandise in assigned product category.
• Create focused product assortments by store profile.
• Consistently analyse in season sales performance and make recommendations to Director.
• Continually and strategically test new concepts to identify future product opportunities.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with Global product teams.
• In close partnership with Planning team:
o Communicate weekly business performance; suggest follow up strategies to business partners to drive full price sales.
o Participate in monthly MMR meeting with Global partners to communicate regional business and provide recommendations on go forward strategies and inventory needs.
o Analyse and run ad-hoc reports to identify business drivers and possible liabilities.
• Execute key performance indicators, sell thru and gross margin, across all doors.
• Evaluate OTB in areas of sales, markdowns, receipts to identify and place re-orders.
• Partner with Planning to continually manage the business thru in season analysis. Manage order file, liaise with stores regarding product availability and communicate opportunities with stores.
• Strategize timing and fulfilment of replenishment and merchandise consolidations in partnership with Replenishment Analyst and Allocator.
• Conduct competitive shop and pricing analysis on a seasonal basis.
• Participate in store visits to enhance knowledge of customer base and profile.
• Create strategy to track seasonal marketing campaigns, analyse campaign matrix to identify performance against buy.PERSONAL PROFILEQUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree
- High level of proficiency in Excel, Word, and SAP a plus
- Willing and able to travel
3-5 years experience in buying &/or merchandisingBEHAVIOURS
• Excellent communicator with the ability to manage conflicting priorities.
• Highly organized, detail oriented and can multitask with excellent time management.
• Influence, present and defend a business argument both one on one and in a group setting.
• Energetic, flexible, and positive under pressure.
• Creative, assertive and solution oriented when faced with difficult business performance and/or challenging directives.FOOTER
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
• Expected base salary for the role will generally be between $70,000.00 and $90,000.00 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
• This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Posting Notes: USA || New York (US-NY) || New York || REGIONAL MERCHANDISING || NO DEPARTMENT - FIS9008 || n/a ||