As VM Manager, you will be an ambassador of the brand, ensuring the implementation and execution of visual merchandising standards across the store in line with DSM guidelines. You will build strong relationships with the London DSM teams to ensure the consistency and quality of all directives across all product areas.
- Overall responsibility for implementing the VMD direction for DSM London, enhancing client experience
- Support the company team to maximise sales through strong VMD direction from Buying and Special Projects directed by Company Directors
- Ensure VMD housekeeping standards are consistently delivered and preserved, maintaining DSM’s reputation as the best store in the world
- Attendance & Leading the direction of general CDG VMD in store on a weekly basis as well as CDG VMD installations Catalogue/ Photograph and report on visual changes to spaces
- Align with Merchandisers & Buyers to create a comprehensive and practicable VMD plan that is flexible relevant to deliveries, launches and other store ‘moments’
- Produce a weekly VMD Map planning the week ahead and communicate this to the Vice President for approval
- Align with Comms, Digital, Press and CRM teams to ensure continuity with other departments
- Approval for e-shop pages to ensure product VMD is consistent across departments
- Liaise with external brand representatives to ensure DSM VMD guidelines are adhered to within Brand spaces
- Present during store photography sessions and overnight installations to ensure DSM standards are met
- Communicate closely with the retail teams to embed and monitor brand image compliance across the store by reviewing photos, cascading guidelines and supporting store queries or escalations
- Prepare VM packs and guidelines for the teams, enclosing detailed photos, comments and notes to enable a consistent and clear message throughout the store
- Analyse and monitor the effect and impact of specific VM actions on business results across the store and different product category / brands and consistently feedback on VM action results
- Keep on top of VM trends within the market, producing detailed feedback and suggestions to the business in order to maximise sales
- Assist with the development and delivery of VM training to store teams
- Communicate to and coach retail teams on all visual guidelines and new directives
- Liaise with team in Tokyo to secure and translate CDG training materials for us in DSM
Profile & Experience
- Master’s degree, business school or CM academic background or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Visual Merchandising (ideally in the luxury industry)
- Clear affinity for the brand and product
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills across all levels Organised, proactive, agile, and dynamic
- Positive and passionate with an ability to motivate others
- Strong computer skills including office and photoshop
What We Offer
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, increasing with each year of service up to 5 additional days
- A generous Clothing Allowance
- Up to 60% DSM Employee Discount
- 50% discount on all Rose Bakery food and drink
- Access to RetailTrust, our Employee Assistance Programme
- 24/7 Access to our VirtualGP service
- Cyclescheme and Eyecare Vouchers
The diversity of our workforce is what makes us unique, creative and connected.
As an equal opportunity employer, we work hard to ensure that candidates and employees are treated fairly. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. We welcome people from all courses of life - age, race, gender, sexuality, disability, and more - and strive to make everyone feel like they belong.
We review our recruitment selection criteria, hiring processes and onboarding often. The goal is to be as diverse and inclusive as possible.
Put simply: we welcome everybody, respect everyone's stories, and celebrate our differences.