The Development Coordinator at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) will play a crucial role in supporting fundraising and donor cultivation efforts. This role will report to the Director of Development, and work closely with the entire FIT Foundation team. The primary focus of this position is to assist in planning and coordinating of development events and activities and support preparation for donor and corporate engagement meetings and cultivation efforts. Responsibilities & Essential Functions Event Support:
- Assist in the planning and execution of fundraising events, including but not limited to cultivation events, membership events, and donor cultivation events.
- Collaborate with event producers, vendors, and event committees to ensure successful event logistics and execution.
- Assist in the creation of event-related collateral and promotional materials, including invitations and event programs.
- Help with post-event follow-up, including follow-up on pledges and feedback collection for future event planning.
- Support the development of recap reports for fundraising events and initiatives.
- Assist in managing income, expenses, and record-keeping related to development events.
- Aid in the development of prospect lists, donor reports, and list reviews.
- Maintain donor portfolios in the CRM system, tracking touchpoints.
- Assist in monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on fundraising results to internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of strategies for tracking and analyzing development activities and solicitation progress.
- Support the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of assigned prospects and donors.
- Establish and maintain relationships with individual donors through personal visits, phone calls, and meaningful contacts.
- Prepare necessary reports and materials to share with donors and prospective donors.
- Assist with sponsorship and event fundraising, engaging with corporate and individual donors and prospects.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position. Requirements: Minimum Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of two to four years of appropriate experience.
- Resourceful and creative in event planning and management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Familiarity with CRM systems, such as Raiser's Edge.
Please note all offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the background check process. Salary
Hiring Salary: $58,772 - $61,249 per year with step increments per Salary Schedule 90C, after one year of service and annually thereafter. Work Schedule
Days/Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, in person; work schedule subject to change based on needs of the department. Benefits
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) provides comprehensive employee benefit programs designed to help keep our faculty and staff and their families healthy, safe, happy, and productive. Our programs also include a variety of components to help our employees improve the quality and balance of their work and family lives, and to help them prepare for their futures.
- Retirement Plans
- Health Care Plan and Dental Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter Benefit Plan
- FIT Tuition Exemption Program
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, Sick and Holidays)
- 4-day Summer Workweek
For a full list of FIT benefits, visit our benefits webpage . Pay Equity by State Employers
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visa Sponsorship
Fashion Institute of Technology is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position. Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Chief Diversity Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212 217.3360, email@example.com . Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Requirements
This position will be required to constantly read and comprehend, occasionally perform calculations, constantly verbally communicate, frequently analyze, and constantly write. The working conditions for this position will be on campus primarily in an office environment or residence hall. The physical requirement for this position will require occasional sitting, constant standing, occasional bending, frequent walking, and occasional lifting 10 lbs. or less. Application Instructions:
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants - Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your submitted application materials.
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled.
Please note that due to the volume of applications, we will not be able to contact each applicant individually.
Additional information about the Fashion Institute of Technology can be found at: http://www.fitnyc.edu .About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites nominations and applications for a Development Coordinator.