ASSOCIATE MANAGER REPORTS TO:
General or Store Manager SUMMARY:
Responsible for the overall performance of the store and assists Store or General Manager with generating sales potential, recruiting and developing staff, maintaining store appearance, and controlling expenses and shortages. Responsible for all activities within the store in the absence of the Store or General Manager.
- Generate sales and profit, minimize losses and ensure the store is visually distinctive and impeccably maintained.
- Identify and implement strategies and initiatives to achieve and exceed business goals.
- Oversee and maintain the customer service standards to the highest possible level.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with associates and all support services within the company, act as the secondary liaison for corporate communications (Human Resources, Loss Prevention, Operations, Merchants).
- Represent the Tommy Hilfiger image through personal and professional appearance.
- Take responsibility for productivity and profitability of the store including sales growth, staffing and inventory results.
- Manage time and prioritize tasks.
- Understand and comply with all company policy, procedures and operations.
- Maintain the highest level of security and safety awareness within the store.
- Recognize problems, analyze causes, and generate alternatives/solutions.
- Manage all controllable expenses, including the allocation of payroll.
- Creates solid partnerships with mall, local community, and corporate partners to identify business, opportunities that results in an increase in store traffic and sales.
- Follow Inventory Shrinkage Improvement Program.
- Maintain productivity in shipment processing, inventory counting, price change activities.
- Ensure store utilizes all necessary tools (i.e. supplies, resources, binders, etc.)
- Manage store openings and store closings.
- Take direction and complete assigned tasks and responsibility
- Hire, train, motivate and supervise support management and sales staff who have strong presentation and communication skills representative of the Tommy Hilfiger image.
- Develop all associates to be knowledgeable in areas of product, merchandising, operations, customer service, sales and growth within the company.
- Motivate and develop support staff to meet store goals/objectives.
- Establish and maintains positive working relationships.
- Effectively supervise the sales floor to ensure customer / associate awareness at all times.
- Demonstrate teamwork within store and company and ensure that staff is treated professionally, respectfully and courteously.
- Maintains confidentiality and meets own commitments.
- Takes personal responsibility for performance.
- Effectively participates and assists the Store Manager in weekly management meetings and quarterly staff meetings.
- Able to display emotional resilience.
- Lead by example.
MERCHANDISING & VISUAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for direct supervision of a selected department or departments and ensuring the department(s) performs to its maximum potential.
- Participate and oversee the execution of all merchandising directives, updates and markdowns in a timely and effective manner.
- Analyze and react to the needs of the business, identify top sellers, slow sellers and fulfillment of merchandising strategy.
- Ensure that brand consistency is upheld in the store and merchandising standards are consistently met.
- Have thorough knowledge of sales floor and stockroom organization / systems.
- Maintain store organization fixtures/hardware/general cleanliness.
PVH Canada Inc. shall notify its employees and the public about the availability of accommodation for applicants with disabilities and its recruitment process.