About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
As part of the Marketing Product & Operations organization, the Direct Mail team is a centralized marketing function responsible for supporting direct mail programs for all Gap Inc. brands. The Central Direct Mail team develops the segmentation strategies that produce ongoing learnings and ultimately drive incremental sales performance. As the owners of the customer file and segmentation efforts, the team partners with the individual brand creative and production teams as well as manages outside vendors to execute each direct mail campaign.
The Associate Manager - Direct Mail Contact Strategist role is both the customer expert, translating business needs into segmentation strategies and leveraging campaign results to further refine strategies, and the operations expert responsible for building, executing, analyzing, and optimizing campaigns. This role manages the day- to- day relationships and execution of cross-brand/trigger and programmatic direct mail campaigns.
The ideal candidate for this position will be 'customer curious', having experience in developing direct mail and/or direct marketing customer segmentation/circulation strategies through the lens of the customer. They will be comfortable digging into systems and operational functions with an intellectual curiosity into "why things work" and a drive to solve system roadblocks. They will also be experienced in leveraging campaign insights and analytics to deliver succinct analysis with actionable recommendations for future initiatives.
Candidates should be comfortable taking risks in pursuit of unleashing new potential and driving growth initiatives, exhibit excellent technical and communication skills, have analytical marketing experience, and be familiar with customer database systems. The individual should be self-motivated, able to work independently and balance a workload that consists of both ongoing, detail-oriented campaign development processes as well as supporting system improvements and strategic roadmapping. Campaign strategy, development, segmentation, and execution encompasses 80% of the role and campaign performance/analytics encompasses 20%.
This is a remote role that can be based out of the following locations: Dallas, TX / Columbus, OH / San Francisco, CA. However, the Company may require you in the future to work in an on-site location designated by Gap Inc. on a full-time or part-time basis.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Work with brand marketing teams to translate business objectives into segmentation and campaign strategies.
- Support the planning and execution of in-season and long term testing strategies and partner with internal D&A team and external vendors to support marketing and financial goals.
- Build out targeted customer lists using campaign management software.
- Work with brand marketing teams and outside vendors to deliver all campaign-specific assets for Gap Inc. direct mail programs (creative assets, mail files, test matrices, etc).
- Analyze results of campaigns to identify new opportunities, determine performance overall and by customer segment, and tie to brand marketing and financial objectives.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and data mining to determine unique program drivers and identify promotion and performance trends across campaigns, brands and channels.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Strong experience in direct marketing, segmentation and/or circulation environment, and program results analytics.
- Experience with CRM campaign management tools--programmatic direct mail platforms a plus
- Excellent computer skills, especially with Excel and PowerPoint
- Analytical skills, logical thinker
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills required
- Organized and proactive and with a strong attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $67,900 - $98,900 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.