Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world's largest luxury group. A play on the words "can do", Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next-generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations, and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring, and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise, and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great products, great storytelling, great retail, and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
"Can Do" Spirit : We work together to make our wildest dreams a reality: As entrepreneurs, we embrace optimism and find creative ways to reach our goals.
Advocacy, Diversity, and Inclusion : We recognize and celebrate the full spectrum of personal identities. We create safe spaces, so everyone's voice is heard. We listen with humility and act with courage.
Storytelling : We tell authentic stories like no, one else. It's our key to inspire trust and build relationships, rallying, our people, partners, and consumers around our brands.
Resilience : We embrace challenges as opportunities. Change is ever constant, and agility is our strength.
Product Excellence : We put the consumers first: We constantly raise the bar to create products of the highest quality that everyone just has to have.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Lip Lab, and Ole Henriksen.
Brand Manager Fenty Beauty
Looking for beauty addicts with strategic, global mindsets - if you love beauty and are excited to participate in FENTY BEAUTY in the Middle East market, this job is for you!
The Brand Manager for FENTY BEAUTY, drives the business and oversees commercial operations across markets/networks of scope, by partnering closely with cross-functional teams, store staff, and retailer partners to bring the Global Brand vision to life. As Brand Manager you will ensure achievement of targets with respect to budget while building brand awareness, recruitment and conversion and ensuring an elevated customer experience through all the touch points.
- Set up the yearly strategic plan and budgets of the brand portfolio in coordination with brand owners and leaders.
- Develop, implement, and pilot the 360° launch and marketing plans in collaboration with the marketing team (Media, PR, influencers, Merchandising, in-store animation, CRM, training, sampling ...) in accordance with the strategy of the brand.
- Participate in strategic meetings with marketing, retailers, and regional teams to negotiate commercial conditions (co-funding, animations, exclusivity...)
- Build the assortment by offering recommendations based on market knowledge and analysis and in interface with the Visual Merchandising and Retailer's Category Managers teams.
- Analyze the performances on a regular basis and adapt the actions when necessary.
- Use marketing KPIs to set realistic but stretching targets for the team, brand, and activities and suggest optimizations on actions and tools.
- Fuel brand strategy and identify opportunities by conducting market, trend, and competition analyses.
- Maintain a healthy assortment and work closely with planning and the retailer.
- Monitor and follow up expenses and ensure that they are respecting set budgets.
Operations, activations & product merchandising
- Drive short and long-term strategies across markets/networks of scope to meet and exceed brand objectives.
- Build best-in-class partnerships with retail partners to effectively maximize and deliver on sales goals.
- Build strong and effective relationships with internal teams to bring to life 360 activations (Inventory Planning, Marketing, Education, Creative, and Operations).
- Monitor and direct daily operations to ensure that goals and objectives are met in terms of sales targets, margin, and profit and take corrective action when necessary.
- Conduct regular market visits and close relationship building with the field team to get key insights across the region.
- Be present on global and bi-weekly calls with our international teams.
- Be a brand advocate internally & and externally: effectively story tell and sell the product pipeline.
- Manage channel assortments to maximize productivity and minimize inventory liability with respect to the brand strategy; partner closely with Supply Planning to ensure retailer buys meet or exceed plans and are actionable.
- Optimize VM and dotcom product pages for sales performance while balancing brand vision, client experience and budget.
- Ensure proper implementation of in-store marketing animation plan/guidelines from Brand Owners
Presentation, Reporting & Analysis
- Lead presentation preparation for management meetings
- Prepare, support and lead meetings with effective agendas and clear outcomes
- Provide weekly & monthly sales recaps, ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed
- Be in-tune with the beauty retailer landscape and identify opportunities to further drive the business
- Guarantee the brand performance through the regular analysis of the results and the marketing inputs for the sales forecasts
- Analyze and improve cost effectiveness; prepare ad-hoc review budget updates in collaboration with Senior brand manager
- Monitor and analyze market trends, competitor activities; provide action plans and follow up on implementation
- Review monthly reports on customer & sales analysis, shopper insights, traffic in store and store KPI and prepare action plan accordingly
- At least 5+ years of experience working as Brand Manager/ Assistant Brand Manager in Beauty industry.
- At least 2 years experience in the Middle East region
- A passion for beauty, makeup, skincare and luxury brands
- Excellent communication skills in English (Verbal and written)
- Knowledge of Arabic language preferred
- Proven track record of managing brand strategy, budget and planning
- Strong time management and operational excellence
- Strong communication skills and emotional intelligence
- Able to analyze data and produce action plans to optimize
- Strategic thinking and creativity
- Enjoys collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, especially Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint