The VP of Global External Communications will report to the Chief Communications Officer and is a strategic communications leader responsible for driving global external communication strategies and narratives to enhance and protect PVH's corporate reputation. This key role will oversee all external communications for the company, including media relations, executive communications, crisis management, thought leadership and corporate social media with the goal of driving awareness and understanding of the company's vision, performance, and progress among a variety of stakeholders.
Working cross-functionally and with a bias for action, this role is an important connector across regions, functions and brands. This high impact role requires a combination of strong interpersonal skills and strategic thinking, possessing the ability to connect dots, capture a story, and proactively identify and navigate issues that may impact PVH's reputation.
This individual will direct and execute an overall external communications strategy that brings our PVH+ Plan - the company's long-term, brand-building, growth plan - to life for external stakeholders. A successful candidate will play a critical role in helping the company build Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger into the most desirable lifestyle brands in the world and make PVH one of the highest performing brand groups in our sector.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:Experience:
- Create and execute an integrated external strategy to communicate the company's vision, priorities and progress among key stakeholders, including media, the public, policymakers and the financial community.
- Develop compelling corporate narrative that supports business goals and priorities and drives thought leadership and differentiation.
- Lead impactful storytelling efforts through development and execution of next generation editorial strategy that cuts across all corporate channels; Oversee editorial content creation and execution for PVH's corporate social media channels including LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and others.
- Lead strategic media relations program and develop and nurture strong relationships with reporters, including financial, trade and business press; Build high performing news bureau to effectively manage and respond to press and social media inquiries.
- Enhance the External Communication team's ability to connect dots between company strategy and external landscape to effectively contribute to broader cultural and industry conversations.
- Partner with Chief Communications Officer, Head of Investor Relations and other key internal stakeholders to develop and execute financial communications to support key corporate events, including quarterly earnings and strategic financial news.
- Drive the creation of clear and compelling communications materials including leadership briefs, press releases, key messages, Q&As and proactive/reactive press materials.
- Develop and implement comprehensive crisis communications strategies to anticipate and mitigate risk, manage issues and escalating situations, and steer post-crisis recovery. Ensure a crisis playbook is maintained and refreshed on an annual basis.
- Guide the development of high impact executive communications, including strategy, messaging, Q&As and interviews as well as editorial content for bylined articles, opinion pieces and presentations to position our company and leadership as industry experts.
- Support executive presence and content strategy on social media channels including LinkedIn.
- Distill complex data and insights into easy-to-digest, exec-ready materials.
- Share your views and recommendations (even if unpopular) with senior executives and stakeholders.
- Mentor and manage a high-performing team, helping to advance their professional development and align their capabilities with our strategic priorities.
- Create and lead forums to ensure alignment with regional, brand and product PR teams.
- Manage agency partners as part of the extended Global Communications Team.
- Measure, assess and report on the effectiveness of communication and crisis response strategies; refine as necessary to improve outcomes.
- 10 plus years of experience managing comprehensive strategic communications and media relations programs to advance an organization's mission and goals. A strong background in crisis management is essential.
- Strong business acumen (experience in retail, apparel and/or consumer industries a plus) with proven ability to connect business goals and objectives with communications strategies for maximum impact.
- Deep understanding of earned media, social media and media measurement; Proven experience working with top-tier media globally, including financial, trade and mainstream, along with exceptional capability in drafting compelling communication, key messages, and corporate narratives.
- Clear understanding of the regulatory landscape; Government affairs and public policy experience a plus.
- Proven experience developing thought leadership strategies, including traditional and social media strategies, that connect company goals to broader themes and industry trends.
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, Communications, Journalism or related field required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to draft and edit high-quality, compelling written materials for diverse audiences, Hyper attention to detail with written communications and superb storytelling skills.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, with the ability to navigate complex dynamics, anticipate future needs, and make strategic decisions in a changing environment.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire and supervise a high-performing team; Ability to successfully collaborate across a highly matrixed global environment.
- Creative and strategic problem-solver.
Pay Range: $250,000 - $300,000
PVH currently provides base salary ranges for all positions-on job advertisements-in the United States based on local requirements. These ranges are based on what PVH reasonably believes that it will pay an associate for their base salary for said position at the time of the posting. Individual compensation will ultimately be determined based on a variety of relevant factors including but-not limited to qualifications, geographic location and other relevant skills. PVH is committed to providing a market-competitive total rewards package to eligible associates, which includes diverse and robust health and insurance benefits to meet the varied needs of our associates and an above-market 401(k) contribution to help our associates save for retirement. We also offer career growth opportunities, empowering our associates to design their future at PVH.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH