Coach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941. Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful things, crafted to last-for you to be yourself in.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Coordinator, Product Development Leathergoods, Coach (Re)Loved (NY/NJ) Structure:
Hybrid (Tuesday-Thursday in office) Primary Purpose
The Coordinator will be responsible for product development and production cycle of the Coach (Re)Loved Upcrafted and Remade product. They will communicate daily with internal cross functional partners and factory floor to ensure major milestones are achieved within the timelines published. They are responsible for the completion of tech packs and materials packs, and they will support in the tracking of the collection at each stage of development through production. The Coordinator with be the key point person for daily factory floor communication and address all issues pertinent to accurate execution of product from development through to production ex-factory. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Product Development to...
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Build and maintain tech packs for Upcrafted and Remade product
- Communicate daily with factory floor as well as with internal cross functional partners regarding status of product samples and materials
- Manage, track, monitor and report on sample and delivery status
- Review all samples received and check for accuracy, execution, and understanding of Design's intent
- Coordinate the sharing of development packages and corresponding materials for development samples to factory floor and cross-functional teams
- Update tech packs and decks in Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel, and Adobe Illustrator
- Special projects as assigned
- Organize and maintain materials and sample libraries
An outstanding professional will have..
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with a sense of urgency and flexibility
- Demonstrate ability to be a self-starter who is solution orientated
- Effective organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Powerpoint, Outlook, Excel, and Adobe Illustrator
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Experience working with both overseas and domestic manufacturers, preferred
- An understanding of woven product lead times and garment construction knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills for building working relationships within teams
- Ability to work in a global, multi-cultural environment
- Passion for fashion, sustainability, and circularity
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong moraleand spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-HYBRID #LI-AD1 Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Tapestry, Inc. will provide applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation for disabilities or religious beliefs. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Tapestry People Services at 1-855-566-9264 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Coach at www.coach.com. BASE PAY RANGE $58,500.00 TO $65,000.00 Annually
Work Structure: Hybrid
Click Here - U.S Corporate Compensation & Benefit