With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.Position Objective
This position is responsible for merchandise allocation for assigned categories. Duties include initial sizing of purchase orders, purchase order allocation, Bi-weekly replenishment, and cross-functional partnership to ensure the proper merchandise assortment for stores and online. Coming into this role, the candidate will have a solid platform of retail basics, including math, solid communication skills and the ability to prioritize and problem solve independently.
This position may be found in multiple brands. Some duties may vary from brand to brand. Education
- Develops allocation strategies by floorset aimed at maximizing sales and minimizing markdowns.
- Executes allocation strategy with initial and flow purchase orders being thoughtfully worked prior to arrival at Distribution Center.
- Manages replenishment of current styles to boost inventory productivity by channel.
- Owns analysis to size level, identify and action future opportunities while sizing all purchase orders for department.
- Monitors the tracking of inbound purchase orders, working with Logistics, Merchants and Planners to strategically mitigate risks to business.
- Reviews and analyzes weekly business results, interpreting results, identifying solutions and communicating action points to cross functional team.
- Champion the Key Item program and partner with the Planner to maximize sales and profit.
- Undertakes new store allocations by analyzing sister store to determine depth needs for department, considering available merchandise, promotional activity and floorset placement to drive strategy.
- Communicates and partners with Merchant, Planner, Sourcing, Store Planner and Logistics as needed to drive business.
- Participates in Product Life Cycle meetings, contributing the Allocation perspective and data analysis designed to drive impactful business results.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Operations, or other related field preferred
- 3-5 years' professional experience in corporate retail; experience with an apparel specialty retailer a plus.
- Strong background in data analysis and retail allocation
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; strong aptitude with numbers
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively with flexibility to shift focus/priorities at a moment's notice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- PC proficiency with a strong emphasis in Excel; Access or query database experience a plus. Demonstrated ability to create Excel-based reports and templates.
- JDA and/or SAP experience a plus
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.