OPERATIONS MANAGER (Mat cover)
Position: Full time – Monday to Friday
Maternity Cover (6 months) January 2024 start
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The main aim for this role is to ensure the smooth running of the business day to day.
- This role is the point of contact for the senior leadership team when problems arise, to brainstorm solutions or raise higher any red flags.
- They are also the first point of call for the Designer and are a supportive and reliable colleague for her to call on.
- Day to day management of the company critical path. It is the responsibility of the Operations Manager to flag anything that is not going to meet a specific deadline to the Directors, but also to try and help the team to find a solution to achieve the deadline.
- The role is to have a general overview of where we are with each season (SS, PF, RS, AW), capsules and overall strategies (comms, wholesale etc) and to be fluent in each plan and know exactly where the business stands at all times.
- Have an overview of problems encountered and how these are being addressed operationally to find solutions. Offer support and assistance to resolve issues.
- To brief the Designer every week on deadlines, calendar progress and how each is being effectively managed.
- Protect the Designer from excessive problems and workloads especially during critical creative periods.
- The role demands a good understanding of Excel and Outlook and a candidate who is highly computer literate
- An intelligent and resilient person with integrity and an optimistic and courteous attitude Strong communication skills with excellent ability to multitask Computer literate with a good understanding of Excel and Outlook Analytical, detail oriented and highly organised We value initiative and enthusiasm supported by dedication and a strong work ethic
- Previous experience within the industry and role
- Proficient level of numeracy and literacy
- Able to work under pressure and still deliver results
- Assertive and decisive
- Strong relationship builder
- Able to work on concurrent projects and to their deadlines
PLEASE SPECIFY SALARY EXPECTATIONS
We anticipate a large number of applications for this role. If you have not heard back from us in two weeks we are sorry but your application has not been successful. Thank you for your interest in Emilia Wickstead.