At Galvan London, we are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Junior Logistics Assistant to join our dynamic team in London.
We are a fast-paced, luxury fashion brand and are looking for someone who is passionate about the fashion industry and is eager to learn about the inner workings of a luxury fashion brand.
You will work closely with the Operations and Logistics teams and be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day Logistics operations of the business, providing support with logistics and ad-hoc Operations support.
Responsibilities (included but not limited to)
- Assisting with shipping and logistics across all areas of the business for wholesale, eCommerce and the company in general.
- Assisting Logistics Coordinator with checking all relevant paperwork from shipping territories, creating documents for customs clearance and providing approvals to ship.
- Supporting the creation and updates to shipping schedules, helping to solve any shipping challenges to find the quickest and most cost-effective solution.
- Liaising with shipping partners including freight forwarders and couriers.
- Supporting Logistics Coordinator in keeping wholesale clients up to date on shipping progress including in DC dates and confirmation of delivery.
- Highlighting specific client shipping requirements with each shipping territory and keeping the company shipping handbook fully up to date with new client information or changes.
- Learning and working on EDI systems for specific wholesale partners to adhere to their shipping requirements.
- At least 1 years’ previous experience in a similar position
- Experience with Zedonk preferred but not essential
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Positive and approachable manner, driven and eager to learn
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Passion for fashion and/or interest in the luxury retail industry