L'OCCITANE is an equal opportunities employer. This means that, when making decisions about our employees' careers with us, our main considerations are their ability to do their jobs and develop in their roles. One way we cultivate change is by creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and organizational culture. As part of this, we are committed to building an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment where everyone feels respected and valued. We recruit positive-minded people who share our core values - entrepreneurship, team spirit, leading by example and authenticity - and our commitment to sustainability.
L'OCCITANE Group's mission is to "empower entrepreneurs and communities to cultivate natural beauty and well-being and regenerate nature". L'OCCITANE is also committed to sustainability for business, people & the planet, as well as respect of human rights, ethics principles and labour protection. All employees at L'OCCITANE must therefore implement the company's mission and integrate the social, environmental, economic and legal effects of their actions in their day-to-day job. In practice, this means that any employee at L'OCCITANE shall contribute to growing sales, regenerating nature, caring for our consumers & partners and supporting our employees.
What you'll be doing
The Travel Retail Middle East team oversees the development of L'Occitane Group in the Travel Retail markets in the Middle East by building the Group's brand portfolio through consistent brand visibility and consumer experience.
The Travel Retail Sales Manager, reporting to the Travel Retail ME Regional Director, will be responsible for the good development of retail sales with the regional partners, leading the team of dedicated Beauty Advisors, executing the marketing plans, and ensuring proper merchandising strategy on the various brands of the portfolio.
He/She will target to grow the brands and overall market share for the group in TR ME. This role entails mostly field work requirements, that will include 40-50% Travel in the Middle East region.
The areas of responsibility for the role are divided into three:
SELL-OUT and OP
- Manage sales performance by store to reach the target.
- Implement & follow up action plan to develop brand sales above the market trends
- Manage & control dedicated investment envelop in line with P&L guidelines in marketing activations, BA incentivizing...
- Constantly seek new business opportunities in to develop L'Occitane global sales
- Initiate & implement Omni channel projects in key countries that will benefit the top POS
- Prepare monthly sales reports & analysis with action plan
MANAGEMENT, SUPERVISION / L&D
- Responsible of the BC investment to be in line with budget P&L
- Recruit, develop, motivate and coach BCs in order to create highly performing & passionate BCs community
- Together with store managers, control and optimize BCs schedules to maximize investment efficiency
- Ensure BCs motivation through training & coaching support, new protocols and sales techniques adaptation to new customer profile
- Deliver & implement the training plan on the assigned perimeter (BCs & other TR stakeholders)
- Foster relationship with local markets Training teams and organize regional training initiatives that could benefit our TR BC community
- Enhance L'Occitane Brand Image through visual, merchandising, BCs grooming and POS activities
- Be fully responsible for Merchandising Execution planograms per door according to the agreed assortments
- Closely work with marketing team to adapt if needed merchandising guidelines to ensure sales development in stores
- Prepare and implement the animations in cooperation with the Operational Marketing team.
- Proactively plan promotional calendar for each door
- Constantly seek for new business opportunities (extra space or visibility, visuals, promotion events etc.. )
What you'll need to succeed
- Successful experience in Travel Retail, Wholesale or Retail
- Great sense of entrepreneurship and negotiation skills
- A result-driven achiever with ambition, motivation and dynamism
- Training, coaching, retail management experience is a plus
- Communication and diplomatic skills
- Able to adapt in different local cultural environment
- Exemplarity and positive attitude in the everyday business life
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), Arabic and French are a plus.
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
Department RETAIL & DISTRIBUTION Role Travel Retail Manager