SALONI is an independent contemporary woman’s fashion brand launched in 2010 which is headquartered in London with an office in Hong Kong. The company has built a strong international wholesale business (particularly in the USA) and has a successful and growing Direct to Consumer business through its own website.
The Studio Manager role at Saloni is an excellent opportunity for a confident, pro-active individual who thrives in a busy, multi-tasked environment. The successful candidate will play an important role in supporting heads of departments in ensuring our studio of around 25 staff runs smoothly each day. Working with the Heads of departments and wider team to improve processes and communication and deal with any office/studio issues that arise. This is an office based role.
The Role: Overall responsible for the smooth operation of day to day studio operations while working with different stakeholders in the business.
• Responsible for office maintenance, and employee queries including liaising with service providers, managing any future office moves
• Booking & Coordination of Travel Arrangements - Air/Hotels/Visa's to budget
• Checking Employee monthly expenses against budget and submit to finance for processing
• Management office supplies within a set budget, to include product research and price negotiations with suppliers
• Liaising with IT Support regarding ongoing upgrades and studio IT and phone issues
• Provide courier and mail outbound service for the office
• General assistance with all brand events, coordinating photo shoots and preparation for market dates
• Assist with various HR tasks, such as recruitment - posting position openings to job sites, managing candidate applications and the onboarding of new employees. Organising team events, holiday record keeping etc.
• Liaison for VIP clients requests and assisting with coordination of sample movement in collaboration with sales and production teams
• Maintaining high standards of housekeeping, presentation and communication in all areas of work, to be in line with the company’s aesthetic values and environmental responsibility.
• Other possible responsibilities include: Health and Safety
• Occasional PA support to the Creative Director
• Other Office adhoc duties as required
Qualifications and Skills:
• Highly organised, having the ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
• Self-starter, resourceful and able to find solutions
• Approachable and responsive - a confident and collaborative communicator
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs
• Must have at least three years’ previous experience in Office Management within a creative environment
• Some HR experience preferred