With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues.
Founded in 1968 and acquired by PVH Corp. in 2003, Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses. We strive to make a positive impact on the world. We inspire passion in our people. We embody authenticity and embrace individuality.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognised for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010. We engage consumers through 360° marketing campaigns, innovative events, exciting collaborations and brand partnerships, and work with some of the biggest names from the world of Fashion, Art, Music and Entertainment.
SENIOR AREA MANAGER, FULL PRICE, UK About THE ROLE
Our stores are the life and soul of our business. They act as our main touch points with our ever evolving consumer base. As the world of retail evolves, we believe that for all other parts of the chain to work, our stores must set the tone of what our two brands (Tommy Hilfiger & Calvin Klein) are all about. Irrespective of where our consumers eventually make a purchase, our stores, are always a window to our great brands. As a result our locations are paramount, the first class experience must be a given and our in-store standards should never be questionable.
Reporting to the Director of Full Price, Region North, the Senior Area Manager is responsible for owning, implementing and driving the strategy to deliver these business values across the Full Price business internally and externally.
This role plays a true leadership role, accountable for identifying, formulating, and managing initiatives and efficiencies that support the business structure, strategy and growth, whilst leading the retail business.Responsibilities include
- Drive all Stores ensuring they are laid out in line with business directive, identifying opportunities for commercial advantage
- Support stores to deliver business plan. Once agreed support in achievement through coaching and measurement of key milestones
- Flexible approach across different brands, capable of translating operational processes from one brand to another
- Ensures Store teams have clear objectives in regard to staff scheduling and payroll both in line with budgets and to reflect store trading patterns
- Flexes time between locations to ensure correct focus based on individual stores sales, operating income and internal issues
- Communicate retail objectives to all levels and review process with individuals and team.
- Ensures effective store visits are conducted with relevant focus to ensure targets and service achieved, observes and gives feedback to Store management teams to drive standards and performance, whilst identify commercial opportunities at a higher level
- Conduct regular country market trends and competitor activity, takes full advantage to make commercial business decisions at times with the Retail Full Price Retail Director and VP Retail Region North
- Deputy to Retail Director in absence, supporting where required
- Drives General and Store Managers to ensure all locations implement and maintain store housekeeping standards (sales floor and non-sales floor) to Operations Manual, Health and safety guidance, merchandising best practice.
- Ensure all locations maintain all equipment and systems to company standard.
- Drive standards of service through store teams and task individuals accordingly.
- Drive ownership and pride in store environment to maximise the shopping experience for customers including store service.
- Consistently drives and achieves results higher than the company expectation.
- Effective utilisation of KPI's to drive overall channel store profit and sales growth.
- Be proactive in reducing costs through effective management of payroll and controllable expenses, and invest in areas that drive performance
- Management of external contractors to reduce costs whilst delivering high standards of work and service.
- Create business case and P&L for new and existing locations to grow or expand our brands with insight and purpose where identified
- Recruit, develop and retain diverse talent, creating an area succession plan. Encourage use of our Workday system to encourage best practice recruitment and performance processes.
- Continually evaluate the performance of each manager and provide constant feedback to ensure results.
About WHAT WE OFFER
- You'll be a senior commercial leader within a successful Retail business
- You'll be comfortable with running multiple sites across a country or multiple countries
- You have strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to build relationships with ease in order to Collaborate to Win
- You have a proven track record of leading, coaching and developing teams to Inspire Trust and Cultivate Belonging
- You're creative, commercially aware and a confident decision maker, you communicate and with stakeholders Learn Together with impact across all levels
- You'll Think Big when creating your country/channel strategy, looking both internally and externally for trends whilst Making Informed Decisions using multiple data points
- You'll Act with Purpose, taking your strategy from concept to reality with key planning and defined milestones and be confident in sharing this with your Retail team(s)
- You'll be an advocate for service, constantly Connecting to Consumer and making decisions with the customer in mind.
- You'll Adapt Fast in the ever changing retail landscape - you'll be able to react to change and move forward with a new and structured plan
- You'll sets clear expectation for all members of team in line with company standard and effectively manages performance.
- You'll be an excellent communicator, taking complex information and telling a compelling story across multiple levels, from on the floor Associate to Leadership team level
- You'll be comfortable with regular travel in country and across the entirety of Region North
At PVH, we understand that the success of our organisation is directly related to our hardworking and dedicated associates who contribute their time and talents to help make our Company the success it is. That is why we are committed to providing a competitive and comprehensive benefits program that offers the protection, peace of mind and flexibility designed to support our associates - both at home and at work.
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.