Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Please note this is a Fixed Term Contract maternity cover and you must have the full Right to Work in the UK already to be eligible for this role. This is a key role in EMEA Digital team, working with the Fashion Online Marketplace business stakeholders to support pre season and in season operations and trading of Ralph Lauren's European relationship with Farfetch and other market place service vendors and support wider RL Digital Business development identification / research. This is an emerging growth area with opportunity to work with new business as well as continuing business relationships. This role will also be the business contact and day to day leader for onboarding new marketplaces and integration projects. This role requires some eCommerce platform understanding, strong project management skills, excellent trading and commercial instinct, a strong and clearly disciplined approach to task and time management, clear stakeholder engagement and organisation, and excellent cross-functional communication and partnership. A great opportunity for demonstrating organizational, commercial and entrepreneurial skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Oversees operational set up pre-season, and in-season for RL product assortment master data publication to marketplace partners/attributes and pricing.
* Works with RL Merchandising partners to develop and agree an assortment strategy that supports brand development goals / financial targets.
* Works with RL Marketing to support and develop partner platform marketing strategies that support brand / financial targets.
* Oversee Fulfilment KPI's and liaise with RL Warehouse partners to ensure partner operational KPI's, issue resolution, identify improvements - roadmapped and pursued through to completion.
* Manages, Trains and develops the Business Development Assistant.
* Participates in developing the business model vision and direction for marketplace experiences and assortments that drive consumer engagement, reinforce the brand.
* Monitor, defines, and designs solutions for ongoing optimization of the Ralph Lauren European marketplace relationships and opportunities across the DTC digital portfolio.
* Monitors customer satisfaction and other KPIs, leading to actions where needed.
* Executes projects that drive business and consumer benefit for RL EMEA's marketplace relationships; responds to the needs of stakeholders and cross divisional partners
* Understands changing consumer trends in the digital retail space.
* Collaborates with business stakeholders to determine unmet customer needs and develops feature/functionality requirements that meet those needs
* Analyzes competitors and market trends; evaluates technologies; develops detailed requirements, feature definitions, business process changes, and internal communication plans.
* Supports cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development. Proactively identifies problems that could arise in the project, recommends solutions, escalates as needed
* Works with internal business groups to adjust business tools and practices, and optimize operational efficiency and minimize adhoc / manual processes. Please note this is a Fixed Term Contract maternity cover and you must have the full Right to Work in the UK already to be eligible for this role.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* 2 full strategic cycles as a Digital Manager in a commercial function, ideally with fashion marketplace platform trading experience, or digital tech project manager or similar consumer facing eCommerce businesses.
* Demonstrable commercial skills in a digital environment where judgement and influence is required to alter assortments / and promotional policy.
* Demonstrated problem solving/issue-resolution skills, ability to work in a deadline driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
* Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts at the functional level
* High level of intellectual curiosity and strong analytical, prioritization and negotiating skills
* Passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problem
* Understanding of full end to end digital consumer journeys/supporting systems and processes.
* Knowledge of one or more from Marketplace platforms, Connectors, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Order Management Systems.
* Experience of managing projects via Jira, Confluence, Monday.com desirable but not essential.
* Experience of managing operations and trading with Farfetch of particular interest. Please note this is a Fixed Term Contract maternity cover and you must have the full Right to Work in the UK already to be eligible for this role.