Carhartt WIP is part of the WIP Trading AG. Our family-owned business group started as a licensee and European distributor of the US workwear manufacturer Carhartt in the early 1990s. Since then, it develops its own collections based on workwear originals.
Carhartt Work In Progress aims to continuously progress and evolve, without ever losing sight of its origins. Over the course of the past two decades, our business has developed organically, along with its customers, the culture that surrounds the brand, and its employees who have helped shape what Carhartt WIP is today.
We are looking or you as Financial Accountant (m/f/x).
- Carry out the day-to-day accounting operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and payroll related activities
- Day-to-day financial operations ensuring compliance with internal procedures and accounting standards in UK GAAP
- Responsible for accurate and timely monthly, quarter-end, and year-end reporting to the Group Finance in Headquarters
- Preparation of the annual budget/forecast, including liaison with budget holders to develop accurate financial plans
- Operational cash flow management (cash planning & treasury management)
- Managing year-end audit and liaising with external auditors
- Partnering with key teams to ensure accurate and robust data of carbon foot-printing
- Support new business developments and changes initiatives (e.g. digital transformation, automation, etc.)
- Qualified accountant ACA/ACCA/CIMA (with a min of 5+ years post qualified experience)
- Experience in both management accounts and financial accounting
- Highly motivated and hands-on Financial accountant
- Strong IT skills and proficiency in accounting systems
- Tagetik knowledge is desirable
- Good MS Excel skills
- Practical experience working on VAT and PAYE. Exp. with Corporate tax advantageous.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities.
- Experience within consumer retail will be advantageous.
- Commercial and business awareness
London / United Kingdom