This is your opportunity to become part of the worlds' fastest growing sports company.
As a Footwear Development Lead, you will lead the developer team to drive the footwear development process smoothly from concept to production. You will also work cross-functionally with multi-national product creation teams to support the development process between Zurich, Asia and factories.
- Lead development of seasonal projects on site with On's footwear sourcing partner(s), monitor Key Performance Matrix and facilitate our partners to build strong and sustainable performances in all areas of the development cycle
- Proactively guide the team to recommend construction/costing/process solutions in regards to all technical blueprints (bottom / upper), upper patterns and materials to optimize performance, manufacturability, and aesthetics perspective
- Ability to lead thought around footwear innovation and problem solving for commercialization and achieve on time delivery in terms of seasonal calendars
- Proficient at problem solving for development or production issues - understanding the upstream and downstream effects
- Display an in-depth knowledge of the manufacturing process with the ability to learn new manufacturing techniques and apply them to products
- Lead meetings with cross-functional teams during various phases to review, evaluate issues and drive action plans. Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills with persistent questioning to find out the "whys"
- Effectively communicate with Asia and Zurich teams of all the issues and solutions in terms of construction, cost and aesthetics
- Lead the development team to ensure that products are manufacturable and meet cost, quality, fit feel and ride expectations
- Coach and encourage team members to actively engage in questions, research, observing, networking, and experimenting to inform project and program direction
- Develop strong working relationships with internal and external partners to enable problem solving to achieve win-win situations
- Update on the latest footwear trends and manufacturing process and techniques
- Work with manager to standardize the development process across teams and factories, deliver training and share the best practice to the cross-functional product teams
- Manage and monitor factory development capacity to accompany On's volume growth, manage potential risks and key bottlenecks
- 5+ years of development experience working with multiple footwear categories or extremely specialized in category and able to provide solution driven suggestions/guidance
- People management experiences is needed
- Knowledge in industry tooling process to include 2D/3D CAD and CAM. Proficient in Adobe Illustrator is a plus. Good knowledge of pattern engineering, tooling processes and mold making
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English. Chinese or Vietnamese is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation skills, must be extremely detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills and independent work habits
- Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products or other departments' operations and/or morale; "connecting the dots"
- Demonstration of innovation and initiative - always looking at improving our products and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help out wherever necessary
Meet The Team
We, the Operations team, manage the sourcing, forecasting and planning, and production of On products.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.